DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... for now

RIPPA

Well I think the argument could have been made that it should have been 2 guys as permanent tag champs, 1 guy as a singles champ while still operating as a unit which has been done plenty of times in wrestling (most recently the Shield)

They wanted to do the Freebird rules aspect of it instead which is fine (but of course has now been beaten to death since the New Day run lasted so long and they are promoting the Wyatts as such too)

New Day was certainly over enough to run that angle in the same way that Shield was, but I'm not sure that having the third man as a singles midcard champ would really have done anything to help the act - and it would take away from the midcard guys who could really benefit from holding the singles belt - imagine Miz's recent career year without the use of the IC belt, or what could have been with Rusev as US Champion if they had bothered to do anything with him. 

On 12/19/2016 at 5:19 PM, HumanChessgame said:

Given how much merch New Day move I don't see them being broken up, but I'd honestly like to see Big E turn on Kofi and Woods and get a solo run.  New Day get a few rematches for the titles but lose, with it being either Kofi or Woods who end up eating the fall.  They get more despondent and then after one match Big E snaps and lays out the other guys, then cuts a promo about how he's been the one carrying the team and that he's too tough to be acting like a fool with them when he should be killing people.  Kofi and Woods can turn face and keep teaming while Big E gets a monster heel push.

You can give BIg E a solo run without breaking up New Day- UWF had Gordy on top while Hayes and Roberts were underneath a bit.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Sting should get suspicious if Flair and Arn start showing up at Cowboys games.

If the Cowboys host the Packers in the Playoffs, will Sting turn a blind eye to former Packer Lex Luger cheating  to help the Packers win?

• Like 2

It wont matter anyway. As a long time Patriots fan, Hulk Hogan will speak to the boys in the back to make sure the right outcome takes place.

You know, back when Hogan was in high school he actually played QB as a fill in one time. He threw 17 TDs and ran for over 400 yards but declined the full scholarships that got offered by 6 different colleges brother. Wrestling was his passion.

Rumor has it that though Hogan has actually been coaching the Pats this whole time.Bill is just the front man until Hogan's wrestling career is done and he can take over full time.

• Like 2

On 12/20/2016 at 9:19 AM, RIPPA said:

Well I think the argument could have been made that it should have been 2 guys as permanent tag champs, 1 guy as a singles champ while still operating as a unit which has been done plenty of times in wrestling (most recently the Shield)

They wanted to do the Freebird rules aspect of it instead which is fine (but of course has now been beaten to death since the New Day run lasted so long and they are promoting the Wyatts as such too)

The Freebirds did pursue singles belts while holding tag belts. There is no reason Big E could not occasionally step in to defend the tag belts while US Champion. 

13 hours ago, L_W_P said:

It wont matter anyway. As a long time Patriots fan, Hulk Hogan will speak to the boys in the back to make sure the right outcome takes place.

You know, back when Hogan was in high school he actually played QB as a fill in one time. He threw 17 TDs and ran for over 400 yards but declined the full scholarships that got offered by 6 different colleges brother. Wrestling was his passion.

Rumor has it that though Hogan has actually been coaching the Pats this whole time.Bill is just the front man until Hogan's wrestling career is done and he can take over full time.

But did he score 4 TDs in a single game? I think not!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, zev said:

I heard that Vangaurd 1 wanted to be an assistant coach, but the NFL decreed his style of scouting was illegal.

I want him to replace Marvin Lewis as he would actually win a playoff game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

Sad news. Smith Hart just announced he has stage 4 cancer and likely only has a year to live.

:(

Horrible to hear. Hope he and his family can make these days the best possible and he can live his time in relative happiness.