DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... for now

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Reed said:

But he wasn't old enough to be her father. Or already married with children.

Proposing by tattoo was a terrible idea, admittedly. But, eh, young guys in love in their 20s are dumb sometimes?

I sorta understand why Paige's family liked Kevin but (apparently) don't like Del Rio,tbh.

Ricky Knight does not want Del Rio's inferior genes mixed into his bloodline.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

In what universe is Rollins super popular?

This board is the only place I'm aware of where Rollins is widely disliked - Dolph hate is a lot more fervent here than anywhere else as well.

As far as Rollins vs. Reigns, the fans' issue with Reigns isn't that he receives too many title matches or even his position on the card - it's the way he is written and treated by everyone else on the show.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

I'd be willing to bet if you asked most of the people who boo Reigns WHY they boo him they wouldn't be able to give you a definitive answer. They boo because other people boo him. 

I've asked people and usually you get the "I like what I like" answer.

2 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

So Roadblock has the honor of having the least amount of ticket sales for a raw ppv ever.   Well done Pittsburgh Well done indeed

I blame the Steelers.  This weekend's game with the Bengals was going to be a night game until fairly recently.  Damn NBC and their flex scheduling.

.... remembers this weekend's game was on the road....

OK, look.  I tried.  I got nuthin' but I tried anyway.  Maybe the Fish that Saved Pittsburgh is on cable somewhere,  Or maybe Pittsburghers thought WWE was mistakenly advertising tickets for a spring PPV.  I duno.  Like I said, got nuthin'.

The thing to do? Sure. Bad booking? Yup. But the majority of the guy's matches are OK, his promos are, umm, fine. He's never really shone anything to turn the tide of his reactions. And he's never really been 50/50 anywhere close to what Cena has always been.

25 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I've asked people and usually you get the "I like what I like" answer.

Charisma.

2 hours ago, Victator said:

Ricky Knight does not want Del Rio's inferior genes mixed into his bloodline.

They're from Norfolk!

FightingFamily.jpg

Really not seeing any genetic superiority in there. It's enough to make you start to question Paige's parentage. Although I don't imagine telling Del Rio his girlfriend is a bastard would end well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

So Roadblock has the honor of having the least amount of ticket sales for a raw ppv ever.   Well done Pittsburgh Well done indeed

I don't know...the arena looks pretty full. Ticketmaster didnt have many tickets left. I think if they configured the arena to have a larger capacity, there would've sold more tickets.

5 hours ago, Infinit said:

I don't know...the arena looks pretty full. Ticketmaster didnt have many tickets left. I think if they configured the arena to have a larger capacity, there would've sold more tickets.

I bought a 5th row seat($350 face value, facing hard cam next to where Cesaro celebrated) off Stubhub this afternoon for $115. About half of the 2nd row in front of me was empty(although $500 per seat there is ridiculous). On the side of the Hard Cam, the entire upper level was tarped off. Couple that with the set itself and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even draw 10,000 in a 18,000+ building. 

Other thing I found interesting was that they literally had seat fillers behind me for the first level facing the hard cam. About every 10-15 minutes, a stagehand would bring random people over to temporarily sit down and make it look fuller for the cameras. 

6 hours ago, AxB said:

They're from Norfolk!

FightingFamily.jpg

Really not seeing any genetic superiority in there. It's enough to make you start to question Paige's parentage. Although I don't imagine telling Del Rio his girlfriend is a bastard would end well.

I know, I was making fun of Paige's parents. 

Since Del Rio is the son of Dos Caras and nephew of Mil Mascaras. 

Though Cro Cop did call Paige a bastard.

Going back to the Ryder injury

Zack tweeted that one doctor told him his recovery time was 4-6 months. Another told him 6-9.

So much singles Mojo (they already started having Mojo work against Luke Harper on house shows)

6 hours ago, Peck said:

Other thing I found interesting was that they literally had seat fillers behind me for the first level facing the hard cam. About every 10-15 minutes, a stagehand would bring random people over to temporarily sit down and make it look fuller for the cameras. 

Sorry, the immediate thing that I thought of... 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Victator said:

I know, I was making fun of Paige's parents. 

You know how there's bits of American that the rest of the country makes fun of for marrying their cousins? Norfolk is the English version of those places. So when you brought up his bloodline, a lot of people from Norfolk have very pure bloodlines. Inhumanly pure.

• Like 4