DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... for now

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

That said - who are the truly great heels that had that level of real heel heat and not "cool heel" heat.

In my lifetime- its hard to top Michael PS Hayes in Texas. 

I know the "Attitude era" (hate that term) is over-discussed and overexposed/over-emphasized by WWE, but my pick has to be Vince. The guy pissed his pants on live television! Actually, now that I think about it, another answer along the same lines would be Bischoff. I always hated his character-- and I was a die hard NWO fan at that age.

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I was thinking about Shane Douglas in ECW. I can't think of anybody that liked him. MIZ is in a sense a Shane Douglas.

The both captivate on the mic but are average in the ring. And I'm a big Franchise in ECW fan but his best stuff was his mic work.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Victator said:

Which version? Sheepherders had a surprisingly large roster.

Butch/Luke. 

We've had matches drop from 86 with the Guerreros and Bruise Brothers (Mad Dog Boyd version, as super babyfaces) and Taylor/Doc lately. The heat on the Guerreros match is off the charts.

There are still Doc/Dibiase and Fantastics matches that haven't dropped yet. Since they have posted parts of the UWF heavyweight tournament from May 30, 1986, it's likely that we'll get the barbed wire steel cage match with the Fantastics at some point.

2 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

The answer is always the great Arn Anderson. 

Wait what?  Arn Anderson is literally the exact opposite of the right answer.  I've never seen a match in my life where I wanted Arn to get his ass kicked.  

Tully Blanchard?  That was a little shit who was begging for it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

I'm not sure Jericho wasn't just poking fun. Jericho has some old school tendencies, but I don't know if he'd get that wound up over someone lifting his move.

Yeah, I've been reading his most recent book and he laughs about the 'Jericho invented everything' he's been doing on Twitter for a while.

The line-up seems a bit lackluster. Tyler Bate, Trent Seven and Pete Dunne are the only major names in this in my opinion, a few others who are alright.

If it's true that the WWE has control over those guys bookings and can tell them where not to work from that point forward, that would explain that.

Full line-up:

Trent Seven, Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate, Sam Gradwell, Wolfgang, James Drake, Tucker, Jordan Devlin, Joseph Conners, Tyson T Bone, Roy Johnson, HC Dyer, Dan Moloney, Jack Starz, Tiger Ali, Ringo Ryan, Saxon Huxley & Chris Tyler

Credit to Tufayel Ahmed on Twitter.