DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... for now

RIPPA

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I have no idea exact numbers but that one probably did a decent amount of views over the course of the week since it was the first one and had the NXT title change

But notice they haven't done one since the first Roadblock back in March

It is also cheaper for them to crank out the reality shows than do a production set up for a random show

See I don't see why they just don't do fancams like ECW did. Surely one camera at a house show is not expensive. They already do the mini tron and stage.

2 hours ago, DTTW said:

I am not that dude. Sorry if I am mistaking your intentions.

I just don't think the American audience has a big interest in paying money to see women fake fight because they never have in the past and it continues to be a niche product.

The Sasha and Charlotte segments have been higher rated than Owens and Rollins. Nothing on WWE programming right now is a huge hit but I think the women have proved they belong and can draw the same amount of viewers if not more on occasion.

24 minutes ago, Victator said:

Don't let Alberto watch that Scott Hall shoot, Youtube keeps trying to get me to watch.

Ooof - that just showed up in my recommendations too

What the fuck Youtube?

57 minutes ago, DTTW said:

ECW blew up...along with TNA, where women didn't matter much either, WCW, etc. Glow didn't blow up and I'll guess that had more exposure than TNA did.

GLOW's shortcomings don't mean that times aren't changing. And are you talking about the same TNA where their KnockOuts division was known for at times popping bigger numbers than the male roster? 

50 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

Name the major attempt. WWE are the kings of self-fulfilling prophecies. Give it a shitty push, it doesn't get over, say "see, I knew it wouldn't get over". 

That's not to say the push they have been giving the women has been bad, quite the opposite. But instead of another Smackdown PPV with a repeat of the same matches, why not try it? The money is already invested. They can always do PPV repeat #4 the next month. 

Wrestlicous, GLOW, that one in Vegas who's name I don't know, are the one's I can instantly recall. What else did Mclane try?

Hey I blame Vince & co as a major reason why women's wrestling dies in the US. They aren't correcting their own 40 years of self infliction in a few short years in an time of actual female fighters.

11 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

GLOW's shortcomings don't mean that times aren't changing. And are you talking about the same TNA where their KnockOuts division was known for at times popping bigger numbers than the male roster? 

And notice how it wasn't enough of a difference to matter. That's my point. It's great the women are getting more opportunities, but there is very little evidence to suggest it's going to fix things in the WWE. Maybe they can get it there, but just diving in and saying this will draw....doubt that's going to just work based on everything that came before.

Okay - now that I am back in front of an actual computer. In regards to the Most Watched on the Network thing. The WWE has released the list a few times but most people just go by when the WWE updates the "Most Popular" part of the Network

Examples (there are plenty more than these)

May 12, 2016

20. A video of The Rock
19. Warrior’s Greatest Matches
18. WWE Ride Along with Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Paige and Alicia Fox
17. Table For 3 with Horsemen
16. WrestleMania 31
15. Royal Rumble 2016
14. NXT from two weeks earlier
13. RAW from a month earlier
12. Making of Camp WWE
11. Table For 3 with Pat Patterson, Hillbilly Jim, Ricky Steamboat
10. NXT “Takeover: Dallas”
9. Beyond The Ring on The Kliq
8. The E&C Show from the week before
7. Camp WWE
6. WrestleMania 32
5. NXT from the week before
4. WWE Payback
3. Table For 3 with The Kliq
2. The Edge and Christian Show
1. WWE NXT

June 2, 2016

1. WWE 24 – Seth Rollins

2. WWE NXT 337 – June 1, 2016

3. WWE Extreme Rules 2016 – May 22, 2016

4. WWE NXT 336 – May 25, 2016

5. Wrestlemania 32

6. The Rise of John Cena – Intro

7. Table For 3 – Team Credgely

8. The Rise of John Cena – It Starts With A Prototype

9. Shane Tells All With Mick Foley – May 23, 2016

10. The Rise of John Cena – A Ruthless Debut

11. The Rise of John Cena – A Different Set of Skills

12. The Rise of John Cena – Challenging The Next Big Thing

13. The Rise of John Cena – No Respect Intended

14. The Rise of John Cena – A Rivalry Begins…

15. The Rise of John Cena – An Early Taste of Gold

16. WWE NXT Takeover: Dallas – April 1, 2016

17. Wrestlemania 31

18. The Rise of John Cena – Breaking Down The Walls

19. Swerved – You Little Punk

20. WWE Money In The Bank 2010 – July 18, 2010

August 18, 2016

1. WWE NXT 349 – August 17, 2016

2. WWE 24 – Women’s Evolution

3. WWE Cruiserweight Classic S1E6 – August 17, 2016

4. Holy Foley – First Look

5. WWE Talking Smack 887 – August 16, 2016

6. WWE Cruiserweight Classic S1E5 – August 10, 2016

7. WWE Battleground 2016 – July 24, 2016

8. WWE NXT 348 – August 10, 2016

9. Stone Cold Podcast – Dean Ambrose

10. Wrestlemania 32

11. WWE Cruiserweight Classic S1E4 – August 3, 2016

12. Superstar Ink – Baron Corbin

13. WWE Ride Along – Rockford Ride Along

14. UpUpDownDown – WWE 2K16 Big Screen Battle!

15. WWE Money In The Bank 2016 – June 19, 2016

16. Swerved – Drop It Down!

17. WWE NXT 347 – August 3, 2016

18. RAW 1208 – July 18, 2016

19. UpUpDownDown – Madden Tournament Finals

20. UpUpDownDown – Mortal Makeup Show

And in case you are wondering - the Most Popular right now

1) TLC 2016

2) NXT 367 (Joe/Nakamura in Japan)

3) 205Live Episode #2

4) Talking Smack

5) WWE Story Time Ep 3 "Expect the Unexpected"

6) Unfiltered with John Cena

7) Survivor Series 2016

8) NXT 366

9) WWE Story Time Ep 2 "Travellers Tale Part II"

10) 205Live Episode #1

11) Unfiltered with Enzo and Cass

12) Talking Smack TLC 2016

13) WWE STory Time Ep #1 "Travelers Tale"

14) NXT Takeover: Toronto

15) First Look: True Story of the Royal Rumble

16) Top 50 Incidents in ECW History

17) Royal Rumble 2016

18) Wrestlemania 32

19) NXT Takeover Toronto Kickoff Show

20) Raw 1224

One thing that I think could be misleading about those stats is that none of the old stuff shows up, but there is like 2000 episodes of old wrestling. Of course it would be rare for one single episode would show up. Show me a stat of "retro Raw" or "Nitro" or something like that and I bet that might look a little different. 

1 hour ago, DTTW said:

Wrestlicous, GLOW, that one in Vegas who's name I don't know, are the one's I can instantly recall. 

Then I reference GWF, Resistance Pro and that Indy from NY I can't remember as reasons men's wrestling can't get over. I mean, come on man. 

As much as I loved WOW (hell, I worked for them on the tech side) it didn't draw flies to the Forum and the PPV was one of the lowest buyrates in history.  Up to that point, anyway - if I'm not mistaken, a bunch of TNA PPVs have been below their 25K buyrate.

It reminds me of Ole Anderson telling Cornette that he used to think Cornette was a dumbfuck, but so many other dumbfucks have come around since then that he's moved up the ladder without doing anything.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Ooof - that just showed up in my recommendations too

What the fuck Youtube?

I know right. I have a mental image I'm trying to un see. 

I hate hearing wrestlers telling sex stories. Its like having your grampa talk about going to key parties.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DTTW said:

And notice how it wasn't enough of a difference to matter. That's my point. It's great the women are getting more opportunities, but there is very little evidence to suggest it's going to fix things in the WWE. Maybe they can get it there, but just diving in and saying this will draw....doubt that's going to just work based on everything that came before.

GLOW with good wrestling would be great. The first commie lady was a better athlete than any woman on the current roster. 

5 hours ago, zev said:

The kid's mom went full babyface in an attempt to get merch and meet and greets for her kid directly from the WWE, right? Brilliant move on her part if that's the case.

Didn't the mother realize- that means the kid gets to go out for pizza with Owens after the show.

Someone needs to introduce her to the Stunt Granny to see this was part of the game.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Didn't the mother realize- that means the kid gets to go out for pizza with Owens after the show.

Someone needs to introduce her to the Stunt Granny to see this was part of the game.

It is but the company goes out of their way to say its not real. I think that type of heat is amateur hour. Great heels don't need to randomly insult fans. They do it with actions.