DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... for now

RIPPA

I hope it works out.  The rumored Hoss tournament would definitely fit for Chris.  If he ever got called up, I'd be for him and Cesaro reuniting.  Hell, if you put him and Harper together as Wyatt's Moondog-esque heavies, even better.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Who thought making Mean Gene look as creepy as possible in the ad would be a good idea?

The same people that thought Dustin Rhodes looking like "Powder" peering through a child's window was a good idea.

That ad looks like it was lifted from a Hitchcock movie poster.

39 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I would be amused if they did the reverse of what they did with Itami/Asuka and had Hero come out as Kassius Ohno and then say that he would now be known as Christ Hero.

I know it's just a typo, but yes, this is the way to go.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Peck said:

This man knows... but kids, get your parents permission before calling:

mag9.jpg

If you call the hotline, Mean Gene tells you where his windowless van full of candy is parked and what color underwear your mom is wearing today.  <shudders>

12 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

I hope it works out.  The rumored Hoss tournament would definitely fit for Chris.  If he ever got called up, I'd be for him and Cesaro reuniting.  Hell, if you put him and Harper together as Wyatt's Moondog-esque heavies, even better.

Onoo, Roode, Cesaro and Aries would be a whale of a unit.

• Like 8

I enjoy that Rafy - the Turtle he rumbled with - almost died

At least that is what Rafy's friends said

Rafy posted on Facebook that he was home and fine. What he didn't say is that he needs better friends

• Like 1

Anyone got a link?  Can't find the Turtle story.

When I googled ADR, I did find two interesting tidbits.  WCPW (What Culture Pro Wrestling in the UK) has booked ADR vs. Kurt Angle for a show in February.  I'm kinda interested in that.

Also, there's a TMZ article on ADR from late last week.  Didn't read the article, but apparently ADR and Paige think that Vince McMahon would make a good US president.  

36 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

That's what Raphael gets for being cool, but crude.

Gimme a break!

So, all of wrassletwitter is a-flutter with cries of "INDIE WRESTLING IS DEAD" after the Hero news, so I figure now's as good a time as ever to ask what the good stuff of 2016 going into '17 is. I've only really watched CHIKARA this year, so I'm kind of in an echo chamber as of late. I have... opinions about WWE, especially after the news of Linda's support for (and Cabinet position offered by) Trump, so I'm trying to expand my horizons.

Thanks for the link.  I completely spaced on Cubsfan's site.  Used to be a regular visitor, but it's been a couple years since I last used it.

Edit: Replying to Tromatagon's post, not Super Ape's.  Somehow didn't realize Super Ape posted while I was typing.

I almost spat out a mouthful of almonds reading that Berty got into a backstage fight with a Ninja Turtle.  Reading the blog if ADR and Paige were drinking I wonder if that made them aggressive towards Rafy.  if he's not anywhere near his size what reason would he have to mess with them?  But given the batshit insane stuff they've done this year I'm siding with Rafy on this one.

Slight unrelated, but Betsy posted with a picture of some Lucha ornaments on the right side.  I wish I knew about this earlier, I would have seen if she sold them.