DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... for now

RIPPA

So basically the WWE has gotten to the real life equivalent of when you get bored with the Universe mode of WWE 2k16 and start downloading created content to run tournaments with guys not in the game to amuse yourself?

• Like 6

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Have you never noticed that before?

I never mentioned this, but the Cash pic looks like the banned guy is getting the last word. 

Also you guys are missing the boat on Strowman. The 3 on 1 match is an instant Squash classic. Man when he did the avalanche piggy backing that dude and then that dropkicking two guys at once was Bananas. 

The best part of that Burnt Stamen 3 on 1 squash (other than that guy getting thrown real good) was Corey Graves calling the dude with the afro No Way Jose's wimpy cousin, Maybe Not Jorge.

Also Brandywine Stromboli gets a lot of love in the weekly Raw threads.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer - Chris Hero has re-signed with the WWE

No word on if they would bring him back to NXT, go straight to main roster, be Kassius Ohno again, etc...

I see a feud with Steen over the KO initials. 

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

No word on if they would bring him back to NXT, go straight to main roster, be Kassius Ohno again, etc...

Would they ever have two guys on the roster with the same initials? Owens does pretty well with the KO deal and Hero's whole KO thing was his gimmick.

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I didn't see that coming. I'd like to see him keep the Chris Hero name this time around.

If things weren't clicking with the Cesaro/Sheamus team, I'd go for the Kings of Wrestling reunion.

Maybe New Day takes out Sheamus, so Cesaro brings out an old friend to step in.

If you buy into the narrative that he was released last time for cosmetic reasons, this is absolutely stunning. Has he substantially increased his name value on the indy scene subsequent to his release? I personally haven't noticed a huge difference in his profile pre-and-post-NXT.

Gosh do I ever wish the KO vs Regal match was on the Network...

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Gosh do I ever wish the KO vs Regal match was on the Network...

Is the Youtube version not up to your liking?

(Video works - just no screen cap for some reason)

1 minute ago, BrianS81177 said:

So was that the quickest non-spam account banning yet? I'm actually amazed the dude made it 174 posts

Honestly - I should have banned him 100 posts ago when he would post 6 straight giant ass pictures and/or gifs

• Like 2

I didn't see that coming. That's a huge loss for the Indies and a huge gain for WWE and that's not even supposed to be a joke about his weight.

I think he'll be allowed to use the "Chris Hero" name this time around. The whole attitude in WWE has changed so much since he was released. I wouldn't even be surprised, if they swept "Kassius Ohno" under the rug completely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

If you buy into the narrative that he was released last time for cosmetic reasons, this is absolutely stunning. 

He was in really great shape by the time they fired him, though.  If you go back and watch his last "televised" NXT match, he was very lean and fit.  They may have already had enough of whatever it was that soured them on him by that point, though.  He didn't really start cultivating mass until he got back on the indies.

The general story of his release seemed to be that he didn't feel like he needed to be in NXT and had a shit attitude about it. Now that it's less developmental territory and more ridiculously well-funded super indy, I'd imagine that won't be an issue.