DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... for now

RIPPA

8 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Speaking of the women's roster apparently Lana worked a match at an NXT house show as a babyface and she has a dancing gimmick. She has a dancing background.

Apparently there is an entire NXT Folder too

Man I wonder if it got posted there already...

Now this is coming from Wrestling Twitter INSIDERZ~! so take it for what it is worth but....

Supposedly the WWE is having a press conference on Thursday (Sept 15) in London (in the O2 Arena) announcing they will be doing a tournament of just UK guys

Well that was easy

And to answer our recently departed brother - considering Bob Armstrong had his retirement match in June of this year don't always trust "wrestling data"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Now this is coming from Wrestling Twitter INSIDERZ~! so take it for what it is worth but....

Supposedly the WWE is having a press conference on Thursday (Sept 15) in London (in the O2 Arena) announcing they will be doing a tournament of just UK guys

This is actually a smart thing to do going forward. it's a great way for them to scout and work with unsigned talent and see if they can work within the WWE.

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well that was easy

And to answer our recently departed brother - considering Bob Armstrong had his retirement match in June of this year don't always trust "wrestling data"

Or wrestlers retirements. . . .

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Did he ever have a match? I was at the June Gulf South Wrestling show that was suppose to be the first match of Bullet's retirement tour,He wasn't there cause of what I was later told was a leg infection.

Then the next day hit the Wrestle Birmingham show,which Bullet was suppose to be at. But he wasn't there. It was Tracy Smothers that told me Bullet had an infection.

15 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Rippa, if you are flipping people's pics to the John Cash fuck off when you ban them, I love you even more for it 

Have you never noticed that before?

The John Cena SNL episode was alright, but nothing special. 2 good skits and an hour of mediocre. The owl puppet bit got a good laugh from me, but this definitely didn't feel like the breakout performance that The Rock has had on SNL in the past.

About that supposed UK tournament, There's a news bit going around that Vince and the WWE are nervous about the World of Sport relaunch in the UK on ITV and they want to nip it in the butt before it can even start.

Kinda sounds like an XWF deal back when Hogan had that litle fed for himself and than the WWE was like "lets just resign Hennig, Lawler, and a couple of these other guys". So I guess if you're a British wrestler who's not under contract to anyone right now it might be a very Happy New Year with money being offered about.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

This is actually a smart thing to do going forward. it's a great way for them to scout and work with unsigned talent and see if they can work within the WWE.

And then have none of the good ones sign and get stuck with whatever the UK equivalent of TJ Perkins is

• Like 3