DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... for now

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Throat said:

His tweets appear to confirm both. https://twitter.com/tommiecas

I'm sure a fair and reasonable man like Vince would never fire someone for those reasons, though.

I don't think Vince would fire anyone for being gay, considering who his right hand man for 30 years was. But according to Court Bauer, Vince once fired a writer for looking like an alien and it was "too weird to look at him" so who knows?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

It wasn't a part of their long record holding reign, but Demolition DID do the three man team thing when Crush joined the group during their 2nd reign as champs.

Crush joined during the third reign.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
I see Victator pointed that out already.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

I don't think Vince would fire anyone for being gay, considering who his right hand man for 30 years was. But according to Court Bauer, Vince once fired a writer for looking like an alien and it was "too weird to look at him" so who knows?

To be fair to Vince, the guy does kinda look like an alien.

180px-Martinsugar.png

• Like 5

It doesn't matter if they are or if anyone is. It just matters if Vince is at that given moment which is always the problem. Sure he might like giving the women time to shine right now, but all it will take is one really bad match to set him off and next thing you know it will be another 10 years before there's ever a Women's main event on RAW again.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Why are sites speculating that because he's gone the women's division will  suffer?  Aren't Steph and Hunter both huge advocates of the women?

Well, they lost Lawler, too.  He was a big advocate of women's wrestling

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Peck said:

Because people enjoy jumping to conclusions without thinking rationally?

Yeah, I mean after all, since the guy was gay and liberal, clearly that was why he was fired.  Never mind that I'm pretty sure everyone he worked with knew that the whole time and if that REALLY was such a sore spot with the McMahons, he would never have been hired in the first place, but no, let's go with "Dude, did you see his Twitter when Trump won?  No wonder Vince shitcanned him."

7 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Yeah, I mean after all, since the guy was gay and liberal, clearly that was why he was fired.  Never mind that I'm pretty sure everyone he worked with knew that the whole time and if that REALLY was such a sore spot with the McMahons, he would never have been hired in the first place, but no, let's go with "Dude, did you see his Twitter when Trump won?  No wonder Vince shitcanned him."

I heard he got fired because he flunked out of the Terry Garvin School of Self-Defense.

• Like 2