DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... for now

RIPPA

I wouldn't be surprised if she was 5' 10" legit and they billed her at 6' though. For the same reason that any male wrestler who is 6'8"-ish is billed as a 7 footer, and 6'5" guys like Abyss are announced at 6'8".

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I only remembered the won that Owen Hart won. Then I looked on Wiki

That fucking mini's one completely destroys my argument so fuck it run nothing but Royal Rumbles. Women. CWC. Announcers. Ring Crew

Wow, I only actually remembered the Smackdown one. That's a lot of rumbles.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I only remembered the won that Owen Hart won. Then I looked on Wiki

That fucking mini's one completely destroys my argument so fuck it run nothing but Royal Rumbles. Women. CWC. Announcers. Ring Crew

Cole, JBL, Booker T, Byron Saxton, Lita, and if he can be cleared for 1 match, Corey Graves could make for 1/5th of an Announcer's Royale.

A CWC Rumble would be talked about for years if they let Jack Gallagher win. I can only imagine the heat that would be shown here if ZSJ threw over and out Gallagher for the finale.

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

I appreciate the gusto but it's like a word problem where you're missing information.

1.) What's the difference in overall revenue over the years?
2.) What's that same difference controlling for the difference in the TV contracts between this one and the pre-network one?
3.) What was the share of profit from PPV buys relative to the network?
4.) How much has live event attendance fallen over the last few years?
5.) Costs and benefits of more international touring maybe?

That's, at the least, what you'd need to know, I think.

Well.... they went from getting $0/year out of me from 2001-2014 to where they now get $120/year.

• Like 2

How did that manage to go under the radar for all these years? You'd think someone would have leaked back then or in the years since that Shane tried a power coup for creative. Still wouldn't have mattered who was in charge.

You could get the people who did Breaking Bad, Game Of Thrones, and any other number of award winning shows and it wouldn't matter as long as Vince is in charge giving final say making things go week to week and being all "CHANGE IT DAMN IT" at the last minute.

10 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

How did that manage to go under the radar for all these years? 

I'm gonna guess most of the people who would be in the know regarding this are all pretty high up people who value their million dollar or more year jobs way more than leaking to Meltzer. Any lesser person probably has a NDA and would like to keep getting work by not violating it. Even to this day, various WWE writers are cryptic when talking. I think Bauer once mentioned during an interview that a NDA stopped him from talking further about something regarding the WWE and Stephanie.

I saw this on Reddit. It's from today's Observer/F4W update.

There was a minor shakeup in WWE creative today. Tom Casiello, the managing lead writer, who oversaw the Raw & Smackdown writing teams, was let go. He was a key person who was very influential in the push of the women of late.

Well, I guess women main eventing was a nice experiment while it lasted. But it goes with what was said in that Vice article. Doesn't matter how good you might be doing. As a writer you're just there for meat for the grinder.

20 hours ago, Cristobal said:

WIQ7fjp.jpg

Don't Colleges work their players' heights and weights as well? I'm sure I've heard of guys who before the NFL combine were expected to be high early round draft picks (due to having great speed for being 6'3" and 250) and after the combine being tipped as low and late, or undrafted (due to actually having pretty good speed for being 6'1" and 220).

I have returned. In my absence I have been doing very important work.

What I have to say will blow all of your nips off. 

Here goes. 

New Day cannot break the Demolition Tag Team Title record. Ah I see some of you gentleman are skeptical, which is wise of you. 

Thru out New Day's supposedly record breaking title run something felt off. No it was not the wasted potential of Big E or even their increasingly hideous ring gear. Until it hit me a few days ago. New Day won/defended the belts as a trio. Demolition in their first two title reigns were a duo. 

In conclusion New Day can never break the record. They will forever have an asterisk by their name.

Your Friend
Victator

• Like 6

4 hours ago, AxB said:

Don't Colleges work their players' heights and weights as well? I'm sure I've heard of guys who before the NFL combine were expected to be high early round draft picks (due to having great speed for being 6'3" and 250) and after the combine being tipped as low and late, or undrafted (due to actually having pretty good speed for being 6'1" and 220).

Yes, this happens frequently. They work 40 yard dash times too. Or maybe not work them but they hand-time them which isn't as accurate as the laser timing that happens at the combine.

Heights in basketball are worked quite often. For instance, Kevin Garnett always insists on being billed as 6'11 when he's really about 7'1. From what I understand, he thought that there was a stigma around 7 footers where once a scout or whoever hears "7 feet tall" they'd automatically think "stiff, awkward guy who can only play with his back to the basket". Whereas you hear "6'10 or 6'11" you think of a rangy athletic guy with a long-wingspan.

Charles Barkley's height was worked as well. He was always billed as 6'6 but most people say he's 6'4 or 6'5 tops.

19 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Welcome back bud. And I hope New Day loses the belts before they break the record .

I think its too late, they killed the Raw tag division to try to bug Bill Eadie. I think Demolition are bothered less than the fans. 

Luckily I have invalidated the reign. While somehow making a case for New Day being the most second most successful trio in wrestling history. 

Well obviously or they would have been vacated, but it still does not make them the longest reigning duo in WWF tag title history. It will need to be stated it too three men to break the record. 

The first trio to hold the tag titles was the Executioners, though they ended up being stripped of the titles for having a third man. Not sure how many defenses they made with three men.

45 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

Heights in basketball are worked quite often. For instance, Kevin Garnett always insists on being billed as 6'11 when he's really about 7'1. From what I understand, he thought that there was a stigma around 7 footers where once a scout or whoever hears "7 feet tall" they'd automatically think "stiff, awkward guy who can only play with his back to the basket". Whereas you hear "6'10 or 6'11" you think of a rangy athletic guy with a long-wingspan.

It's been said Kevin Durant does the same thing for the same reason.  He's listed as 6'9" but is closer to 7'0".