DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... for now

RIPPA

Browsing Cagematch i discovered that Lita did one of Hermie Sadler's UWF shows in 2007, teaming with Jerry Lynn against Austin Aries (in his Austin Starr persona) and Christy Hemme. I searched Youtube and this is the only footage I could find.

5 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

This. Everybody talks about how sloppy and dangerous Charlotte and Sasha can be. Lita was the innovator of this. There was at least one spot per match were you thought she might die. I'm pretty sure that's why she had to retire early when she did, too. 

THe funny thing is the spot that screwed up her neck and eventually forced her out was on a TV show, not wrestling.

• Like 2

By Mike Johnson on 2016-12-08 09:45:00
Multiple WWE sources have confirmed that Mickie James has signed a multi-year deal with the company.

Currently, the plan is for James to appear on the Smackdown brand, likely debuting in January 2017.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The same brand as John Cena and Nikki Bella. Well, that will be interesting. At lease Cena's taking a lot of time off in 2017.

I am sure they ran it by all parties involved. It was a long time ago, Cena and Nikki are practically married and Mickie is also married, I'd assume it is just water under the bridge. I mean if Nikki keeps wrestling I am sure she'll have a feud with Mickie at some point, its a small roster.

Oh, I think you're right, but you just never know how people will react in those situations. Especially professional wrestlers.

FWIW, I think I would rather see Mickie on Raw. Sasha's recent comments ring true. That women's roster is so thin on Raw. Adding Mickie to the mix there would help.

I keep wondering when Nia is gonna reach that upper echelon because I feel like having a monster heel as champion would help to solve Raws depth problem because you could tell the story of each girl coming *so close* to beating her multiple times. You could get 3 or 4 big matches out of everyone. So not only do you basically fill a lot of time with not a lot of people, but you get whoever finally beats her over in the process. In essence, you make her female Brock but not to the point of absurdity.

I'm also really hoping they call Ember Moon up soon

6 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I keep wondering when Nia is gonna reach that upper echelon because I feel like having a monster heel as champion would help to solve Raws depth problem because you could tell the story of each girl coming *so close* to beating her multiple times. You could get 3 or 4 big matches out of everyone. So not only do you basically fill a lot of time with not a lot of people, but you get whoever finally beats her over in the process. In essence, you make her female Brock but not to the point of absurdity.

Tie the whole page together and we have Lita beating Nia in 3 moves sometime in 2018.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh, I think you're right, but you just never know how people will react in those situations. Especially professional wrestlers.

FWIW, I think I would rather see Mickie on Raw. Sasha's recent comments ring true. That women's roster is so thin on Raw. Adding Mickie to the mix there would help.

Both rosters are thin. Raw actually has more women than SDL. Several of them are just out right now, and Raw isn't as good at booking what they have compared to SDL.

16 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

This may be a next year thing, but I wonder if a women's Rumble match is a possibility?

If they involve NXT folks, and bring in a few surprises for the night such as Victoria or Ivory, then a 20 woman Rumble is possible next month.

If/when they have a CWC style Ladies Tournament, depending on how many sign on full time afterwards, the Rumble after that could have a full 30.

Meltzer says the CWC Ladies Tournament is happening in early 2017

Conflicting reports as to when they were starting as some of the women contacted were told January, some were told March

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Meltzer says the CWC Ladies Tournament is happening in early 2017

Conflicting reports as to when they were starting as some of the women contacted were told January, some were told March

Lol...the ones they want were told January, the ones who they dont were told March.  They will see the show on TV and figure it out.  

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Both rosters are thin. Raw actually has more women than SDL. Several of them are just out right now, and Raw isn't as good at booking what they have compared to SDL.

Emma posted on her Instagram that she'll be back next week - so there's one that RAW is getting back soon.