DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... for now

RIPPA

58 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Who is the oldest wrestler still somewhat active?  Bill Dundee?

Dory Funk Jr (75) and Mil Mascaras (74) both immediately come to mind

Bill is 73

7 hours ago, DTTW said:

Lawler did have a 40 year history of being a draw to back him up. 

Thinking about it...wouldn't Jerry have been a better fit, culturally, in WCW?

This may belong in the what if- but I always wondered what if Lawler had been given Ronnie Garvin's NWA title run?

• Like 2

Sarah (Dark Angel/Sarita) Stock replaced Sara Amato in the PC. Lita might've been a week-long guest they cycled through like they do often (Hall, Quackenbush, etc.). Lita was a road agent for a while, but apparently wasn't well liked.

1 hour ago, Ace said:

Also, Linda's been nominated to run Small Business Affairs under Cheeto Mussolini.

Because nothing says "small business" like a global company worth $1.5 billion...

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Kevin Dunn running production for the State of the Union would be incredible. We just need Trump to hir Russo to write his scripts and we are set!

I look forward to Mike Pence smashing Trump with a steel chair and then the Democrats rushing to Trump's defense to turn him face. For months, we'll get Pence giving speeches about listening to a "higher power" and threatening to overthrow Trump.  Trump will partner with the Democrats and Ivanka will mysteriously go missing. She'll be put on a cross on the White House lawn while Stephen Bannon tries to marry her only for Hillary Clinton to run on the lawn, smash everyone with chairs and save Ivanka. Pence will give a speech from the Oval Office where he promises to reveal the Higher Power during a ceremony in the Rose Garden. 

The day comes, the Higher Power walks out into the Rose Garden......

Spoiler

vince-higher-power.jpg 

"IT'S ME HILLARY!"

(You thought it'd be Trump, didn't you?)

Vince Russo will make a great White House staffer. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, DTTW said:

What did Lita bring to the table? Last I knew her career highlights were a match with Trish, a trashy failed fashion trend, and cheating on Matt. Did I miss something?

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I wonder who the agent is that is such a fan of the low blow finish?

I re-watched Nak v Joe from NXT Toronto and Joe gets the upper hand with a blatant kick to the crotch. This comes after AJ defended his title on SmackDown for months using low blows and Miz just retained to IC title with a couple of punt kicks on 'Mr Ziggles'

Is this one person booking these or does the team think this is the best cheap heat for a heel finish?

9 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I thought Lita was generally ok-ish as a commentator, but the quality of her work varied wildly from segment to segment.  Overall, I don't feel like it's a loss.

Who is the oldest wrestler still somewhat active?  Bill Dundee?

Isn't Jimmy Valiant older than Dundee? I know Boogie Woogie has at least 4 or 5 matches a year.