DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... for now

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Have we started a pool yet for how long it will take Vince to turn on Cena for daring to be successful beyond the WWE?

It won't matter because neither Vince nor anyone else will notice Cena on SNL since you can't see him.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

It won't matter because neither Vince nor anyone else will notice Cena on SNL since you can't see him.

I still don't know what the hell that means. He's on TV. I can see him. Please explain to me.

• Like 1

Why is everyone praising Russo during some Monday Night War episodes on the Network and then trashing him on others?

I'm guessing it's based around the time they were recorded possibly.

It makes no sense however either way.

The thing with Roman holding the belt over his shoulder facing backward, a couple weeks ago when he was in the ring with Foley and everyone else, Mick actually took the belt and turned it around and fixed it for him like it was a tie that was on crooked. He looked like a little kid at the grown up's table.

• Like 2

I like Cody Rhodes but help me understand something. WWE crowds were dead for him for years. Outside of maybe the tag run with Dustin, he wrestled in front of dead audiences and it's not like he wasn't pushed.  He was give plenty of opportunities. So now he's appearing on PWG and ROH and crowds are going ape shit.  Are they implying that WWE was somehow holding him back?

Id assume its the age old "wwe tv star" phenomenon.  For 25 years, smarks deride the wwf, whether in ecw, tna, roh, but when one of the former wwf talents show up, they mark out like little kids. 

Plus, "son of dusty" factor. 

From what I gather by all this, being a "true wrestler" means you must be willing to leave the WWE...so you can wrestle new opponents...before those opponents get hired by the WWE.

Plus indie fans are totally different than the casual WWE fans. Lots of acts that work on the indies wouldn't work in front of 15K people on RAW. Hell some acts that work in NXT don't work in WWE, its just different crowds. There will always be some novelty when someone leaves WWE and he isn't a bad wrestler. Add in the "son of Dusty" factor and him leaving by choice, and its logical that he'd be cheered.

I think with Cody it's simply (and fairly justifiably) about respect. He's a guy that could've coasted in WWE making good money, but stepped out so he could try different things creatively. Now of course with his name value, he's not exactly going to be that guy living in his car working for that big break, but it's still commendable as an artist that he stepped out of his comfort zone to prove himself in a different setting when he didn't have to. That's what most fans are recognizing.

• Like 7