DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For DECEMBER 21, 2016

RIPPA

*Some or all (or none) may be replaced by international tapings*

PER PWI

Week 3

- Billie Kay w/ Peyton Royce def  Daria Berenato.

Post match: Peyton and Billie call out Asuka

- The Authors of Pain def. Johnny Vandal and Anthony Bowens by KO. Looks like Bowens was legitimately knocked out.

Post match: Paul Ellering says all roads lead to San Antonio and they will be tag champions. They don't care if they face DIY or The Revival.

- Bobby Roode def. Tye Dillinger, Andrade Cien Almas, and Roderick Strong in a Fatal 4 Way elimination match to become the Number one contender to the NXT Championship 

- DIY def. The Revival to retain the NXT Tag Team Championship 

PER WON

- The Authors of Pain defeated two enhancement talents via ref stoppage

One of their opponents got knocked out cold during the match.

- Bobby Roode defeated Tye Dillinger, Roderick Strong, and Andrade "Cien" Almas in a fatal four-way elimination match to earn a title shot at NXT TakeOver: San Antonio

This was a great match. It was elimination style with Strong hitting a sick kick to eliminate Almas, Dillinger hitting the Tye Breaker to get rid of Strong, and finally Roode hitting the impaler DDT on Dillinger to get the win.

- NXT Tag Team Champions DIY defeated The Revival to retain their titles

There were early heel tricks and foul play by The Revival to keep the advantage. DIY hit their double team kick and knee to win what was a well-paced match and sent everyone home happy.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

If they are going with Roode vs Nak, that has potential to be the flattest TakeOver main event ever. 

Entrances will be glorious though. 

I see what you did there.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised they kept in the AOP match. Just as brutal on tape as it was live. Feel bad for poor Anthony.

I wonder if they air the tag title match next week during the clip show or not? Hope it airs as it was really good.

I'm looking forward to asuka/Nikki more than most matches in NXT. That's going to be fun.

That powerbomb spot was definitely bad.

The 4-way elimination was fun.

I continue to enjoy Nikki and Asuka giving each other creepy stares. I'm curious though if they will actually be the next match for belt or if Royce & Kay will get a shot before Nikki.

There's a pretty obvious route to take to get to this, all depending on if they want Nak to drop the title or not, but Tye finally beating Roode and winning the NXT title at Mania Takeover in one last NXT homegrown talent ultimate feel good moment almost seems too easy right now for it not to be the plan.

• Like 1

I'm so here for Asuka and Nikki finally fighting. I've enjoyed the small creepy moments.

We need more of Billie and Peyton destroying people if we are to believe either stands a shot against Asuka. It's too bad that they spent so much time jobbing. They should have been built up a long time ago.

Tye vs. Nakamura would've been awesome. The "one last shot" arc always plays well, and it would be a different dynamic for Nak since he could work semi-heel, even though it would be a face/face match.

Nak/Roode will be the worst possible match no one can make any technical complaints about.

• Like 1

Roode/Nak is surprisingly tone deaf booking by NXT standards. Nak has slowly been drained of what made him cool as hell when he first showed up (see his series with Joe) and Roode is as interesting as a glass of milk once his intro is over. This is the main event no one has been clamoring for.

• Like 4

What's the main event we have been clamoring for though?

I thought we were going to get serious builds to Asuka v Nia Jax the Asuka v Ember Moon but we have had nothing.

I honestly think that Samson winning the title and defending against Tye Dillinger would be the best Mania Takeover main event in terms of heat.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, L_W_P said:

What's the main event we have been clamoring for though?

I thought we were going to get serious builds to Asuka v Nia Jax the Asuka v Ember Moon but we have had nothing.

I honestly think that Samson winning the title and defending against Tye Dillinger would be the best Mania Takeover main event in terms of heat.

On my podcast this week (shameless plug) I talked about the amount of daylight between the title and the upper mid-card in NXT. With that said, Tye is a better draw than Bobby Roode. Aries would have been better too.

• Like 1

Remember when I said Tye Dillinger would be the one to take the stripe off Nak(without the need to give his return to Japan more motivation) and I got surprises?

Tell me, who in the WWE can convey sorrow and disappointment more than Tye Dillinger?

tumblr_oin5dd8t2h1uvyu9yo1_400.gif

tumblr_oin5dd8t2h1uvyu9yo2_400.gif

tumblr_oin5dd8t2h1uvyu9yo4_400.gif

tumblr_oin5dd8t2h1uvyu9yo3_400.gif

I never seen a man so disappointed. He also has the perfect story that you can't not get behind. He refers to himself as the Perfect 10 to establish self-confidence and ignore his failures and shortcomings in life. He was a jobber for most of his career and stil believed that he was as good as the Rock or Stone Cold. It is a facade to mask his insecurities. Seeing him beat Nak,arguably the greatest wrestler this generation, for the NXT Title would be the greatest character arc conclusion this decade.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

Remember when I said Tye Dillinger would be the one to take the stripe off Nak(without the need to give his return to Japan more motivation) and I got surprises?

He also has the perfect story that you can't not get behind. He refers to himself as the Perfect 10 to establish self-confidence and ignore his failures and shortcomings in life. He was a jobber for most of his career and stil believed that he was as good as the Rock or Stone Cold. It is a facade to mask his insecurities. Seeing him beat Nak,arguably the greatest wrestler this generation, for the NXT Title would be the greatest character arc conclusion this decade.

I'm somehow going to be mad if that match doesn't happen WrestleMania weekend.

That power bomb was gross. Echoing sentiments that the ref was on point in that match...and that the match never should've aired. If it was to make them look tough, I don't think it worked: made them look like reckless pieces of shit, TBH. 

Amazing four-way. Tye Dillinger's story is a great one.