DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2017

Dolfan in NYC

If you put a Lincoln on Lincoln to reach the quarters how much would that have netted you (I'd ask Dewar our resident gambling expert but he's Canadian so the Lincoln currency reference wouldn't apply to him)?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2896454/lincoln-citys-odds-slashed-from-20001-to-1501-after-extending-their-remarkable-fa-cup-run-following-win-over-premier-league-burnley/

Lincoln started out at 2000-1 to win the cup, is now 100-1 going into the quarterfinal.

You can still get 4-1 odds on Arsenal or Man United to win the cup. Those are both bets I would consider making.

10 hours ago, Death From Above said:

What are the odds on "Wenger will manage until he dies, then he will return as a vampire lord and continue to manage"?

Even.

• Like 3

So one of the Hatter denizens yesterday asked me why I thought City wasn't winning handily because "you're the smart guy here, you're the intellectual." All righty!

Me: "Well, Huddersfield are really good this year and the match is at their place so they've got a hot crowd, plus we're probably looking ahead to Monaco mid-week and United next Sunday..." 

Cindy: "It's because we're playing like shit!" 

All the papers today are saying Rooney's off to China. Next Tuesday. He stayed long enough to get the ManU record, and the Chinese transfer league doesn't close until the end of February.

On 22/02/2017 at 5:05 PM, AxB said:

All the papers today are saying Rooney's off to China. Next Tuesday. He stayed long enough to get the ManU record, and the Chinese transfer league doesn't close until the end of February.

Wayne Rooney is Manchester United's large adult son that will never move out.

On 2/22/2017 at 7:35 PM, Death From Above said:

It's seriously crazy all this money flowing out of China. Like, I'd never even heard of a significant move by the Chinese league a year ago and now there are world record salaries flying around. 

I wonder if Statto is still commentating over there.

(Congrats if you get that reference). 

41 years later we finally got revenge for our FA Cup defeat at the hands of Southampton. Somewhere the Doc is smiling. Well done Ibra, well done Special One! Would really like to win the Europa League as that's the only major trophy we've yet to win.