DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2017

Dolfan in NYC

7 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Has La Liga become a professional league that actually distributes TV money properly yet or are they still a medieval fiefdom where Barcelona and Real Madrid have it in writing that they have to get all the money so nobody can challenge them long term?

The money distribution will change next season.

Despite of that, other clubs are giving them a run for their money such as Atleti winning the league a couple of seasons ago, Atleti eliminating Barça from the Champions League last season and making it to the finals, Sevilla in second and Barça in third this season.

Also it's league that is a lot more competitive than most people believe, but then again since most people don't watch and only read the table and follow stats, they have no idea what's truly going down.

Shame his England run seems to be his lasting legacy and not the spectacular job he did at Watford (from Fourth Division to runner-up of the First Division in six seasons).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Death From Above said:

That new Juventus logo is some sort of prank, right?

They were inspired by the make a Chargers logo with MS paint contest. Not sure they would have won with that new logo.

• Like 1

Remember when Sadio Mane said Liverpool would be better off without him during the ACON? Well...

I didn't want to believe the players would struggle with fitness due to Kopp's style and training (particularly the intensive training camp in the summer), but that's two years with Klopp and two winter lulls and he didn't even have them in the intense training camp last season. Woof.

I know it's overused, but the dog in the burning house comic strip sure seems to accurately sum up our transfer strategy at the moment.

Beating Chelsea on Tuesday would go a long way in helping to forget this shit show the past month or so, and it would sure be The Liverpool Way to play like anus against a bunch of smaller sides and then get points off the juggernaut at the top, but I'm not holding my breath.

21 hours ago, Pete said:

Bigger shock today: Wolves winning at Anfield or non-league Lincoln knocking off Brighton? 

Or non-league Sutton cashiering Leeds? Two non-league sides into the Fifth Round for the first time ever. 

The Austrian overlords are looking to sell the naming rights to Red Bull Arena. Money will go to the transfer budget... Of Leipzig (this is where I mention that we are the only MLS side this offseason not to sign a single non academy player. Bob Kraft laughs at how cheap RB are now).

21 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I haven't even heard of Sutton and I have a Soccer Manager dot Com game where I have taken FC Halifax Town to the Premier League.

They had the famous Cup win over then-First Division Coventry City back in 1989.