DVDVR Message Board

A Report Weird Things Thread

RIPPA

I fixed the database so we should be good.  I don't think anything was lost because my update to the Internet matches of the year is there.

If you hit the Quote button on a post (which immediately puts the entire quote in the Quick Reply box automatically) but then hit More Reply Options, the special "quotiness" disappears once you get to the next screen.  The quote is just typed out in plain text, as if you wrote it yourself. 

I noticed that doesn't happen anymore but in general the quote feature is pretty funky & weird on this forum. Things like trying to quote multiple post in the same reply is kinda weird & hard to do. Sometimes it shows up as being credited all to 1 person, things like that

It's hit & miss but sometimes when you hit quote the cursor doesn't jump down so if you're not paying attention your reply gets put in the quotation marks as well

I believe I fixed the quote with in a quote problem (and if this message shows up correctly then it will be proof)

• Like 1

Threaded quotes!  Truly the best birthday ever!

Happy returns!

Guessing everybody had the problem of "saving post" and not going through?

That's happened to me a few times but more on the old board then this one whear it's just been once or twice. 

I had the problem more on the old board. First time I've had it on this one.

I must be a dope because I can't find a way to hide all signatures.  I guess I could do it for each individual user, but... no.

Go to "My Profile/Edit My Profile/'Ignore' Preferences" and click the little check box next to "Ignore all signatures when reading topics and personal messages"

Speaking of that, my signature just disappeared. I checked the Ignore Prefs and thought I hid my own signature.

Rippa put this folder at the bottom its screwing everything up for me. I keep reading one folder and marking another one as read on my phone.

How are you ever going to be able to be a mod if you can't handle the curveballs this board throws at you?

• Like 3

I got drunk and stole a carafe of orange juice from a Denny's once.

I don't think I'm allowed back, but I'm not sure what the statue of limitations are according to Denny's Law.