DVDVR Message Board

A Report Weird Things Thread

RIPPA

I just tried to get on the board from work, and maybe this is just my department's sensitive filters (I work for a county government agency), but it didn't happen to me earlier today, so I wanted to bring this to your attention. I got a warning that the site could not be displayed because it was a known phishing site. I have a screenshot, but I don't see any way to image tag it in this post box. If need be, I can email it to someone if you want to see it.

Dolfan talked to both Inmotion (our host company) and Google and both say we are clean.

So clearly this is McAfee (and Norton since I have that at home doing a similar thing) issue

• Like 1

The Norton dealie on my laptop gives this site a CAUTION! due to an "identity threat," but it doesn't keep me from accessing the site. 

Says it's a phishing threat from an ebaymotors post. Weird. DVDVR, I love you anyway, baby, I don't care about your past. What's past is past. We can control the outbreaks with medicine.

• Like 1

The Norton dealie on my laptop gives this site a CAUTION! due to an "identity threat," but it doesn't keep me from accessing the site. 

Yeah - the same thing happens to me.

I explored Norton trying to find a way to report the site as being safe but they were having none of it

I got one of those error pages for a few minutes.  It seems OK now, but I thought the board was about to crash again.

Board did crash a little earlier - I ran the database fixer and it has been fine for like a hour now.

I have no idea what Red is talking about

I got one of those error pages for a few minutes.  It seems OK now, but I thought the board was about to crash again.

Board did crash a little earlier - I ran the database fixer and it has been fine for like a hour now.

I have no idea what Red is talking about

Yay to the bestest overload evah, MR. RIPPA!  :)

Dolfan talked to both Inmotion (our host company) and Google and both say we are clean.

So clearly this is McAfee (and Norton since I have that at home doing a similar thing) issue

...and we're back on the air!  Thanks to McAfee for telling me DVDVR has a "Bad Reputation".

I'll take Things I already knew for $1000, Alex.

• Like 1

...and we're back on the air!  Thanks to McAfee for telling me DVDVR has a "Bad Reputation".

I'll take Things I already knew for $1000, Alex.

Jeez, how many years has it been since the sleaze thread?

That ain't right.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...