DVDVR Message Board

[DEC 2016] ANIMATED WRESTLING GIF THREAD

Part of me hopes that character wise she develops into later career Miki Handa i.e. completely crazy. C'mon, who doesn't wanna see Shinbou Kandori throw a cement block through the Kimura' clan's windshield?

James

• Like 1

I actually just retweeted the thing off the web.  According to wiki, Taya is 5'8".  That makes her as tall as Reggie Bennett who looked like a monster in Japan.  Given that Aja Kong is listed as 5'5", Bull Nakano as 5'7" and Awesome Kong is 5'11", it gives you a gauge of the size of some of the ladies in Japan.

Can only assume this was the same European tour where he had that great little match with Flair at the Royal Albert Hall so it was pre-Matador.

Speaking of that, why did it take them three years post-Strike Force before they repackaged Tito?!

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

Interesting Tito wasn't doing the Matador gimmick there. Was this a one-off for him as himself on the tour?

Matador gimmick debuted late in September on TV with the vignettes. This was early Oct. they were still doing the vignettes of him training into October. I don't 100% know when the gimmick debuted in-ring on TV though.

32 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Can only assume this was the same European tour where he had that great little match with Flair at the Royal Albert Hall so it was pre-Matador.

That's what threw me- Tito had another great match against Flair as the Matador, but that was a year later in 1992. I got them confused.

14 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

I actually just retweeted the thing off the web.  According to wiki, Taya is 5'8".  That makes her as tall as Reggie Bennett who looked like a monster in Japan.  Given that Aja Kong is listed as 5'5", Bull Nakano as 5'7" and Awesome Kong is 5'11", it gives you a gauge of the size of some of the ladies in Japan.

I worked with Taya a bit in ECCW, and yeah, she's tall compared to, well, a lot of indy people these days. 

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

Matador gimmick debuted late in September on TV with the vignettes. This was early Oct. they were still doing the vignettes of him training into October. I don't 100% know when the gimmick debuted in-ring on TV though.

Probably shortly thereafter. Wasn't he the Matador by Survivor Series?