DVDVR Message Board

[DEC 2016] ANIMATED WRESTLING GIF THREAD

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

I've seen clips of him doing it in the ring, but not many, wasn't it usually the plancha variety? His in-ring one looks very sloppy and Kidmanesque in that it's not very controlled. I think guys like Ricochet(Andrew Everett and others are similar) have the best ones because of such absurd hops and body control that they have no problem rotating and risking injury. Same with Matt Sydal just being executed perfectly basically every single time.

I always liked Kidman's SSP, because it looked like he might legitimately kill someone with it.  When they look to graceful they don't seem to have much impact, Kidman's looked impactful even if it looks impactful for all the wrong reasons.

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

I always liked Kidman's SSP, because it looked like he might legitimately kill someone with it.  When they look to graceful they don't seem to have much impact, Kidman's looked impactful even if it looks impactful for all the wrong reasons.

Yeah, himself

tumblr_n1iy2wvVHB1sdqajoo1_400.gif

• Like 6

Paul London had the most perfect SSP in wrestling and I was so pissed back in the day that he couldn't use it in WWE, because Kidman was still around doing his shitty version.

I'm pretty sure he actually did end up injuring someone with it, Chavo Guerrero I think?

16 minutes ago, The Z said:

Paul London had the most perfect SSP in wrestling and I was so pissed back in the day that he couldn't use it in WWE, because Kidman was still around doing his shitty version.

I'm pretty sure he actually did end up injuring someone with it, Chavo Guerrero I think?

Vague recollections of that then being turned into a storyline for all of a month with Kidman constantly 'injuring' people with his SSP. Wasn't he teaming with London at the time too?

London/Kidman were still a team when he injured Chavo.  WWE turned it into a storyline (stay classy!) and used it to turn Kidman heel.  After the Chavo injury, they did a bit with Kidman climbing the turnbuckle, then climbing down - afraid to use the SSP.  He also walked out of a tag match at least once, leaving London alone to get beat up.  Evventually, Kidman turned on London and became a "more vicious" heel.   The two had a match at one of the PPV (No Mercy, I think) where KIdman continued to attack London after the match while London was doing a stretcher job and ended up doing the SSP while London was strapped to the gurney.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goc said:

They were The Party Boys.

Looks like they were billed under both names at various times.  They definitely wrestled as "The Party Patrol" in Continental and I'm fairly certain they were referred to as the Party Patrol in Smoky Mountain.