DVDVR Message Board

[DEC 2016] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

I'm not going to question why Okada had to go from the swank suit to his ring gear for a card game.

Because I watched the first 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! series, and CCG's are serious business.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The Z said:

Can't mention Raven, but the guy who's involved in an ongoing lawsuit against them, he's fine!

Wait, are you talking about Barry Horowitz and the concussions law suit, or Colt Cabana and the doctor's defamation law suit?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

Wait, are you talking about Barry Horowitz and the concussions law suit, or Colt Cabana and the doctor's defamation law suit?

Hah, I was thinking of Cabana. Wasn't aware of/forgot the other lawsuit.

6 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Why can I only like this once? I'm just picturing Sid intensely fist bumping the family after they finish putting up those decorations. 

And one of those kids went on to be a heel on Big Brother.

EDIT: and I need to keep reading the thread before posting

Okada/Milla as a couple could birth the next race of supermen. I had hopes for the Grace Jones/Dolph Lundgren pairing in the '80s but it was not to be.

Xanta Klaus is legit one of my favorite gimmicky gimmicks. I was delighted when I worked on a card with Balls Mahoney (RIP) and he was more than happy to discuss XK in detail with me. The gimmick was one of his favorites as well: "I did it three times and got paid for a year". 

He was from thee South Pole, GET IT?!?!?!

- RAF

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Well now I know who Dewar ignores

I gotta read his stuff on twitter, surely I cannot be expected to read it here as well? :)

(or I responded to the post without reading page 2 of the thread first)

1 hour ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

Okada/Milla as a couple could birth the next race of supermen. I had hopes for the Grace Jones/Dolph Lundgren pairing in the '80s but it was not to be.

Xanta Klaus is legit one of my favorite gimmicky gimmicks. I was delighted when I worked on a card with Balls Mahoney (RIP) that he was more than happy to discuss XK in detail with me. The gimmick was one of his favorites as well: "I did it three times and got paid for a year". 

He was from thee South Pole, GET IT?!?!?!

- RAF

It's interesting to think how the Xanta Claus debuted (and left) just two years before Steve Austin giving a Stunner to a Santa Claus on Raw. 

Screen+shot+2011-12-24+at+9.51.57+AM.png

Reason why I find that interesting is I think of WWF in 1997 -- which, as a fan, is one of the best years in company history for my money. They weren't far removed from '95, when the promotion was running wild with goofball gimmicks, and they hadn't ENTIRELY moved toward the Attitude Era. In '97, Raw was still sponsored by Karate Fighters, and the Austin segment with the Santa had him cut a promo saying, "If this isn't the real Santa." That seems like an acknowledgement that a good portion of the fan base was still children, which was completely out the window in a few months when you had Val Venis debuting, Hank The Angry Dwarf cursing in a segment with The Oddities, and so forth.