DVDVR Message Board

[DEC 2016] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

On 12/11/2016 at 10:18 PM, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I'm kinda amused that the memo refers to the agents by their gimmick names.  For some reason, referring to "Devon Hughes" as D-Von makes me laugh.

I'm always wondered if people call workers by their gimmick names behind the scenes or outside work.  Like, if I'm Fandango and I want to talk to the Undertaker after he showers in the locker room, do I call him Undertaker or Mark or Mr. Calaway.

I'd make a terrible pro wrestler.  I'd feel like an idiot if I had to call guys I'm working house shows with a couple days a week by their gimmick names.

You call them by their gimmick name. Using someone's birth name is considered presumptive. 

9 hours ago, Victator said:

You call them by their gimmick name. Using someone's birth name is considered presumptive. 

Back in my day, you'd call them by the name they introduce themselves.with.

• Like 4

On 12/11/2016 at 8:18 PM, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I'm kinda amused that the memo refers to the agents by their gimmick names.  For some reason, referring to "Devon Hughes" as D-Von makes me laugh.

I'm always wondered if people call workers by their gimmick names behind the scenes or outside work.  Like, if I'm Fandango and I want to talk to the Undertaker after he showers in the locker room, do I call him Undertaker or Mark or Mr. Calaway.

I'd make a terrible pro wrestler.  I'd feel like an idiot if I had to call guys I'm working house shows with a couple days a week by their gimmick names.

From what I've seen in my time, you usually end up referring to people by whatever name you first know them as, real or gimmick.  Some of my friends I call by their gimmick name, some by their real name, and I flip/flop between some.  (It also helps when referring to the pro wrestler vs. the person - which sounds schizophrenic, because it is.)

Big Boss Man used to say he could tell how long he'd known someone by what they called him. Whether it be Bubba or Boss Man or Boss or Angel.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Well, how else are you going to differentiate him from U2's guitar player?

The one with the guitar is sometimes called The Edge, he sometimes has Bono with him.

The one without the guitar is just Edge, he sometimes has Christian with him.

But both could benefit from arriving places via Gangrelevator.

Now, where's that picture of Sting playing guitar with Sting?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, zev said:

Sting, the wrestler, in the Police? Yeah, it could work, as long as Andy and Stewart don't...oh you know where this is going.

Of course it wouldn't work. Copeland would've immediately turned on wrestler Sting, obviously. Which would be business as usual. 

• Like 1