DVDVR Message Board

[DEC 2016] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

6 minutes ago, Hoarr said:

tumblr_ohkk03J5uA1sg99p0o1_500.png

tumblr_ohkk03J5uA1sg99p0o3_500.png

tumblr_ohkk03J5uA1sg99p0o2_500.png

Pics of Benoit WWF tryout, a dark match from WWF Superstars from June 1995

Benoit also worked tryout matches against Bob Holly and Owen Hart. Think about how different things would have been if Benoit had signed with the WWF instead of WCW.

I was actually at that Benoit/Adam Bomb match in Wheeling, WV. Was a Superstars taping.. From what I remember, it only went like 5 minutes tops. 13 year old me was excited to see Benoit just from reading about him in the Apter Mags but probably not as excited as I should have been.

8 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

They would not have used him well at all in 95/96.  At best, he gets aligned with the Harts in 97, but realistically, he's a very good JTTS.

No, but it's possible he'd still be alive, as would Nancy, who probably never leaves Kevin Sullivan in this scenario.

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Cut off the ordering information and you've got the Horsemen Christmas card.

I never send out X-mas cards but next year I'm going to see if I can track down some 4 Horsemen sweatshirts/sweaters for me and my family and do this.

• Like 2

And I love Luger's Alpha Beta fratboy look. The popped collar underneath the sweatshirt. He looks like a guy who would've been competing in the drunk tricycle race against the nerds in the homecoming Greek Games.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

No, but it's possible he'd still be alive, as would Nancy, who probably never leaves Kevin Sullivan in this scenario.

Possibly, but unless Vince orders him to stop doing the headbutts, he was probably still has a tragic ending. CTE is awful(not excusing his actions at all, they were terrible, but it might explain it a little), and there was no awareness at all. Its a wonder Foley doesn't have it(assuming he doesn't).

30 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Possibly, but unless Vince orders him to stop doing the headbutts, he was probably still has a tragic ending. CTE is awful(not excusing his actions at all, they were terrible, but it might explain it a little), and there was no awareness at all. Its a wonder Foley doesn't have it(assuming he doesn't).

Might actually end up happening sooner, as WWE had the more intense schedule, so he'd be doing diving headbutts 3-4 times a week.

• Like 1