DVDVR Message Board

[DEC 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Yeah - sitting in traffic wondering how I was going to start the thread while passive aggressively yelling at everyone to stop starting the same topic in multiple threads in the hopes of maximizing views.

Oh wait...

• Like 1

Does the WWE still plan to wing it and do a Slammy awards this year? If so would it just be for RAW superstars (cause we know Smackdown doesn't count). Meltzer always claims the voting is legit. So who would the WWE be putting up for Superstar of the year?

Owens, Reigns, Rollins, Jericho.

Who wins?

My favorite blurb from this week's Observer:

Kevin Kiley Jr. (Alex Riley), who has been pursuing acting, landed his first role as a guest star in the upcoming Netflix series “GLOW,” about the 80s women’s pro wrestling promotion.

Bret Hart, Eddie, Benoit, Dynamite Kid, Warrior, Von Erich...wrestling is littered with tragedy after success.

I'm massively cynical. And as a guy with bad habits and time inside wrestling locker rooms, I wouldn't recommend that environment to anyone with bad habits.

11 minutes ago, DTTW said:

Bret Hart, Eddie, Benoit, Dynamite Kid, Warrior, Von Erich...wrestling is littered with tragedy after success.

I'm massively cynical. And as a guy with bad habits and time inside wrestling locker rooms, I wouldn't recommend that environment to anyone with bad habits.

4a26162c-d9f1-4db5-953a-637db550804e_tex

• Like 4

• RIPPA locked, unlocked, locked and unpinned this topic