DVDVR Message Board

WELCOME TO THE SHOW KID!

Dolfan in NYC

Gotta give Shane-O some credit for being able to rant and rave at Ambrose in the Mountie costume with a straight face. 

Silly backstage segments aren't usually my thing (unless it's Kurt and Austin), but D-Bry and Dean made me genuinely laugh when they were corpsing.

3 hours ago, Mr Harms said:

Gotta give Shane-O some credit for being able to rant and rave at Ambrose in the Mountie costume with a straight face. 

Silly backstage segments aren't usually my thing (unless it's Kurt and Austin), but D-Bry and Dean made me genuinely laugh when they were corpsing.

I give Shane-O credit for knowing his name after Sunday.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Someone needs to be using the mist. It's too good a spot to not be coming up in WWE. I've long said that Demon Balor should heel up a little and hit people with the mist to emphasize that when he is in this zone he is a different beast altogether.

giphy.gif

Fun episode of Smackdown. Kind of want to see AJ be AJ again, but they have done a pretty good job of displaying that it is Dean's constant meddling and interferences that are to blame for his showings as of late so he has not lost any credibility.

Just to make sure I am understanding the storyline, it was definitely Nattie that attacked Nickie at Survivor Series right? 

Beckie and Nattie was fun. I guess Nattie realized that middle aged cat lady or who she actually is as great of persona as she is ever going to get and decided to carry it over to her promos. 

Kind of bummed that Smackdown did not get the Cruiserweights, but at least Kalisto is back in action and is involved in a storyline. I liked him and I know that you want to keep the mic away from him as far as humanly possible. I enjoy his action. Hate his stupid Lucha chant, but love everything else about him.

Okay, how is Bryan not the heeel when it comes to Miz? Yes, I get that Miz cheats, but so does the Usos and I don't see him coming for them. Like I think Miz is a competent wrestler and probably the most consistent and most developed character that the WWE created since the Rock, and it was because of sheer devotion of the Miz to that character. Even when Daniel Bryan finally got a chance to clarify his comments about why he does not like Miz's style, it was exacty what most people thought he was saying: he criticized the Miz for working smart instead of, what my critique of Miz's wrestling, working bland. I can't get behind Daniel for not wanting the Miz to be a spot monkey because that is what being a coward in his view means. And I don't know why he is choosing Dolph Ziggler as his avatar for working "non-cowardly." Ziggler is nothing like Daniel Bryan in terms of wrestling. He is not the greatest counter example of the Miz.

And why isn't Daniel pissed with Dean like Shane is? Like I get Shane wanting to put some hold on his show because they act like since he is the cool boss, they can do whatever, but Daniel did fuck all for Dean's constantly meddling in his champion's affairs and delegitimizing him. Dean does not have a dog in the fight. Dean lost to AJ twice in the title fight. Dean used to use the Shield and the Authority to win matches and titles. Dean is not the paragon character who is against cheating. Dean's mad that AJ used a low blow to win the title? Dude, you hung the man on the ropes by the balls and then tormented him. Dean's mad that AJ used a weapon to retain a title? Dude, you are just mad that you did not think about it first. Now when AJ beats him clean, I want this cringe worthy idiot to dissolve back in the mid card where he belongs. I want AJ Styles vs Undertaker at Royal Rumble if I can't get AJ Styles vs Shawn Michaels.

• Like 1

I could do without seeing the "tip over the ladder/guy at top of ladder falls out of ring to floor' spot ever again.  I'm amazed more guys don't get seriously injured off that bump.  Was surprised AJ got up so quickly after catching the rope on the way down.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Maybe Becky attacked Nikki because she thought it was bullshit that she was not named the captain 

I would be most satisfied if it turned out to be Becky for that reason. 

...or if all of Smackdown's women decided to take out Nikki because of the favortism they perceive her getting

Nikki was tripped by one of Slater's kids. Not the one that got a new tongue, but the jealous, overlooked one that needs new front teeth and hey, Nikki had one that looked loose and ripe for the picking.

If SD was still on Syfy -

Spoiler

I'd blame the Candle Cove Tooth Monster instead.

• Like 1

Motherfucker! I just had a thought hopefully we find out soon who attacked Nikki or if this angle takes months and months to find out then it could be Brie since you know WWE wanted us to care about that feud badly the 1st time plus Carmella did mention on Smackdown how Nikki fucked over her sister.

20 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

It was obviously Rikishi.  

That's not a nice way to Make A Difference. His kids were there and could pick up such bad behavior and...heeeyyyyy.

Is that whey they're heels this month?

• Like 1

I don't really want Becky to turn heel ever.  Watch her entrance from this show and she's slapping hands with everyone and a little girl being carried by her dad reaches out her hand, at which point Becky backs away, shakes her head as if to say "No you get something better" and puts her goggles on the girl's head, and you can only see the back of her head, but the way she grabs the goggles to make sure they don't fall off, you can tell that this is like the greatest thing that's ever happened to this little girl.  And that's why I don't want Becky to ever turn heel  (Plus, the whole pun thing would not work as a heel at all).

It would be amazing if it was Asuka who knocked out Nikki, if only to see an extended Nikki-Asuka feud.  Then again, I don't think there were any Emmalina promos on Raw, maybe they switched her to Smackdown.  I would also accept Summer Rae jumping to Smackdown, mainly because I like Summer Rae and think she's underused.

This was such a fun show overall.  About the only complaint I had was that the camera didn't pan down from AJ on the top of the ladder soon enough and we missed most of Ambrose climbing into the ring in hockey gear, throwing off his gloves and attacking AJ.

• Like 2

On 11/24/2016 at 8:39 AM, The Natural said:

In spoilers for size:

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_oh2ouebBlO1u1ljrzo2_500.gif

tumblr_oh2ouebBlO1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

If you're not somehow a huge fan of Alexa before this, then watch this segment.  Hot damn she was wonderful in her reactions to the absurdity of everything around her.  Her "Oh, for fuck's sake!" reaction to Natalya talking that Titanic song, the facial expressions throughout, and everything else just sealed her SD MVP status.  Bonus points go out to Becky for that pizza pun and Dean off-screen saying "Heard it, loved it!"  Damn, that segment was the best.  And the fact Daniel barely got through the Mountie segment without laughing hard is admirable.  He was at the cracking point, and I'm sure once they said cut he was done for.

• Like 5