DVDVR Message Board

WELCOME TO THE SHOW KID!

Dolfan in NYC

I've been all in on the James Ellsworth story and I loved his role at Survivor Series.  But I do think having him lurking around the main event scene is starting to wear thin a little. I think AJ should kick his ass in their title match and then send James into some midcard comedy program. 

I'm ready to see AJ Styles best in the world again.

• Like 1

It's amazing how Smackdown was set up to fail after the draft and continues to be better than Raw most weeks. This was a fun show that didn't drag. The only way it could have been better would have been Ambrose coming out still dressed as the Mountie, singing "I'm The Mountie" to distract AJ.

• Like 2

That AA/Usos segment was one of the best Smackdown matches since the brand split.  It's looking like AA are going to win the belts at TLC and I'm looking forward to them feuding with the Usos in the title picture.

Even though Miz and Ziggler have had some really good matches this feud is wearing really thin and the trading wins and titles is much like the Charlotte/Sasha feud in that the 50/50 booking diminishes the actual big matches.  Hopefully there's a loser leaves town stip added and Miz goes to Raw.

Most of the backstage segments featuring the guys acting like goobers was actually really funny.

Great show overall. I laughed huge at Dean Roujeau saying the Mountie always gets his man, and at JBL calling Ellsworth an anorexic manatee.

The Wyatts entering the tag division is interesting but I'd rather see Orton/Harper than Orton/Bray

Also put me down in the category of people who love the running joke of Ellsworth being AJ's kryptonite. I do hope the payoff is Ellsworth's title match being a more brutal squash than Goldberg/Lesnar though and AJ can move on to Cena or Dean or whoever.

Dean constantly re-entering the building was wonderful, especially for the Mountie.

Ellsworth beating AJ again and semi on his own terms in the end was great.

I continue to enjoy everything going on with the women. I'm looking forward to Nikki/Carmella no dq. I'm curious if they actually aren't going with the obvious of Nikki being attacked by Nattie.

Wyatts back in the tag division pleases me. I just wish it was Harper and Rowan finally getting the tag reign they deserved two years ago instead of Orton/Bray.

• Like 1

It kind of bothers me that after Orton/Wyatt being the winning members of the SD Team, they are relegated to a taped promo and nothing else.  Baron Corbin/Kallisto is not interesting in the slightest and I fail to see how Kane brings anything to the table anymore.

AA/Uso's interaction was awesome, I'm still loving the Ellsworth angle and am genuinely happy for the guy. 

Ideally, Kalisto should have won the cruiserweight title, but since that didn't happen, I can accept him fighting fire with fire against Corbin. In fact, Kalisto using a fireball against Corbin would be great. 

Whatever Kane still brings to the table would have to be better served in an agent role at this point. 

Someone needs to be using the mist. It's too good a spot to not be coming up in WWE. I've long said that Demon Balor should heel up a little and hit people with the mist to emphasize that when he is in this zone he is a different beast altogether.

43 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

It kind of bothers me that after Orton/Wyatt being the winning members of the SD Team, they are relegated to a taped promo and nothing else.

They gave Orton the week off because his wife was having a baby so I thought this was a pretty creative way to get around that. Plus we'll get a real match next week instead of a short one.

If New Day is losing the belts soon on RAW, I wouldn't mind them doing the 3 person deal on Smackdown with the Wyatts where any two can defend the belts.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

They gave Orton the week off because his wife was having a baby so I thought this was a pretty creative way to get around that. Plus we'll get a real match next week instead of a short one.

If New Day is losing the belts soon on RAW, I wouldn't mind them doing the 3 person deal on Smackdown with the Wyatts where any two can defend the belts.

Ah, now that makes sense....I was unaware of that fact.

Someone asked me why the Wyatts didn't have to compete in the tag team turmoil but I have to assume that Shane granted them the match after being the sole survivors on the SD! team. I like how the Survivor Series PPV IS rewarding people (and punishing).

You have the Wyatts being granted a #1 contender match.

Seth Rollins was granted a title match (because he agreed to be on the team).

James Ellsworth for his role in eliminating Braun was awarded a contract.

After Survivor Series, I really dig the idea of Orton/Wyatt going after the tag titles. Looking forward to them vs American Alpha next week. Shane/Ambrose interactions were hilarious throughout the night. Love the Alexa/Becky segments, should be another great match at TLC, also looking forward to Nikki/Carmella in no DQ. Almost thought they'd give Nikki/Carmella the tables match, since they set up the Ladder match, the Chairs match, and TLC but not the Tables match yet.

54 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

After Survivor Series, I really dig the idea of Orton/Wyatt going after the tag titles. Looking forward to them vs American Alpha next week. Shane/Ambrose interactions were hilarious throughout the night. Love the Alexa/Becky segments, should be another great match at TLC, also looking forward to Nikki/Carmella in no DQ. Almost thought they'd give Nikki/Carmella the tables match, since they set up the Ladder match, the Chairs match, and TLC but not the Tables match yet.

I figure the Tables match will be a Tag Team elimination maybe for a shot at the titles on the SD after TLC.

Similar to the IWA MS match on the same show with Joe vs. Necro

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

Great show overall. I laughed huge at Dean Roujeau saying the Mountie always gets his man, and at JBL calling Ellsworth an anorexic manatee.

The Wyatts entering the tag division is interesting but I'd rather see Orton/Harper than Orton/Bray

Also put me down in the category of people who love the running joke of Ellsworth being AJ's kryptonite. I do hope the payoff is Ellsworth's title match being a more brutal squash than Goldberg/Lesnar though and AJ can move on to Cena or Dean or whoever.

I think this is purposeful though, to keep building the tension between Harper and Orton. Bray favors his new play thing and Harper doesn't like it.

5 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

And cruelty free cauliflower "wings"

They sound weird but my wife made some a couple weeks ago and they were surprisingly good, though with the wrong sauce they'd probably be less good. but thats true with actual wings also. 

29 minutes ago, Sublime said:

They sound weird but my wife made some a couple weeks ago and they were surprisingly good, though with the wrong sauce they'd probably be less good. but thats true with actual wings also. 

I'm not meaning to goof on you because I agree sauce is everything, but this post kinda reads like if Meltzer dictated a cookbook

• Like 3