DVDVR Message Board

Tables, Ladders & Chairs VIII

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I can't be the only one that thinks all Dolph Ziggler matches should end with him getting kicked in the dick and then publically called out for being a loser, right?

Christmas came early for us this year, my friends...

I'd also like to request that every Dolph match from here on out has him submit at least once - even in matches he wins (post-match, during a ref bump, outside the ring where it doesn't count, etc.).  At least till he stops doing the HBK cosplay.

6 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

I hope this leads to a reenactment of Rocky V that no one asked for. Bryan as Rocky. Swagger can be Tommy Gunn. 

Why does Jack Swagger have to the be dead one with AIDS in this scenario.   I vote for Curt Hawkins then

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm so buying their album

Cy4C_lYUoAASoLu.jpg

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

ZZ Top: The New Class

Boo.  Why do you hate ZZ Top so much?

This is acceptable only if Bray puts Billy Gibbons over clean as a sheet in the WrestleMania six-man.

6 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I can't be the only one that thinks all Dolph Ziggler matches should end with him getting kicked in the dick and then publically called out for being a loser, right?

Christmas came early for us this year, my friends...

The 'net opinion turnaround on Dolph Ziggler.

Enjoy all (in spoiler tags for size.)

d2bf7eef6b31938d-600x400.gif

• Like 4

I thought Nikki/Carmella was a decent brawl and I also believe that Nattie being the Survivor Series attacker seems too easy. I'm hoping that we're in for some sort of swerve.

I like both Alexa and Becky but thought the tables match was lackluster and I wasn't too enthused with Alexa as the winner. While she's a gold promo and good with character stuff, she's still not quite all of the way there yet in-ring wise. Then again, Trish Stratus wasn't either the first time she won the women's title. And interesting that Alexa has started mentioning Trish as an inspiration. Plus, I was hoping Becky would have a lengthier reign to counter Raw's ping ponging of their women's title. But Alexa as champ is something new and different and I'm willing to see where it goes. 

9 hours ago, bink_winkleman said:

Man, this show is really different when you don't like Miz, Alexa, or Orton. 

Main was amazing. Not sure why Ellsworth came out right when AJ was about to win, though. Guess he's just a goofus.

Hated seeing Slater and Becky lose those titles. Probably not watching SD much after I go this week, and this Wyatt family shit is a big part of that.

Feel like there's been a Miz/Dolph match on my TV since the brand split and I'm beyond sick of it. Glad it's over, but I'm not that interested in this Miz/Bryan thing. This iteration of Miz was fun for a few weeks, but the guy just bores me in and out of the ring.

I feel the same way about The Miz. The guy obviously works hard and is a great douchebag heel, but I can't get into anything he does. I find him so boring. Adding his wife to the act didn't do anything to make him more interesting to me. I want them both to go away for a long, long time.

Ellsworth has overstayed his welcome as well. His involvement ruined a really fun AJ/Ambrose match.

I'm not normally a fan of Randy Orton, but I've been into Randy Wyatt so far. 

I hope Slater & Rhyno aren't done as a team. I loved their title run.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

When is the last time heels (at least in the way the promotion views them) have held all the belts?

I am sure it isn't as long as it feels in my head but yeah

For WWE, 2013 between Summer Slam and NOC I think. Orton (WWE), Shield (US/Tag), AJ Lee (Divas), Axel (IC).

2 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Axel was IC champ?! You've come a long way, baby.

Yup - back when he was a Paul Heyman guy

He lost the title to Big E and RybAxl started shortly after that

I was even watching at that point and I completely forgot. Must have been a spectacular reign.

To stay on topic, I felt like the women's matches were hindered rather than helped by the gimmicks. I'd rather see those four ladies carry a match with character work than try to shoehorn some weapon spots.

The No DQ match was fine with the gimmick though the finish sucked

The table gimmick definitely hurt them. Poor Alexa kept having to balance the table on her toes so she would be able to flip it upright

Something they did do a really good job last night compared to HitC was they didn't overshadow the main event with the earlier gimmick matches. Especially with the ladder match, they told a great story and had a great match without needing to do a lot of big spots that would subtract from them in the main event. 

And while Miz is great, I think Talking Smack is the MVP of the Smackdown brand. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blitzkrieg said:

And while Miz is great, I think Talking Smack is the MVP of the Smackdown brand. 

I really want Smackdown to start with Miz still yelling at Bryan on the Talking Smack set with everyone in the same clothes but with massive bags under their eyes.  

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And, by the way, Oh... my god.  

Whoever decided to show crowd reactions after EVERY REPLAY needs to be set on fire.

I will say it was a LITTLE better last night because they seemed to limit the crowd reactions to the replays instead of the more recent cutting to crowd reactions during live action. But yeah, horrible move in general.

Kalisto was my MVP of the night. I wasn't expecting much from the match with Corbin, but they delivered and then some. For a WAR-like six man, I'd like to see Kalisto teaming with Rhyno and Slater against the Wyatt's. Where does Baron Corbin go from here? Have Joe squash The Miz. Joe just totally kills Miz. He gets stretchered out, then Joe take a page out of Sid's book, knocks the stretcher over, slam the stretcher onto Miz's lifeless body all while Maryse shrieks in terror. Miz as a bloody mess would be a beautiful sight if we were allowed blood in this era. That keeps Miz away for a while to freshen up his stale act somehow, while Baron Corbin steps up to challenge the new champion and renew his rivalry with Joe.