DVDVR Message Board

Tables, Ladders & Chairs VIII

Dolfan in NYC

It's not bad writing in my view. Beyond whether he knew what was going on in the ring as he walked out, if they had gone the route of both men climbing the ladder it would have been one of those super predictable "WHOS SIDE IS HE ON" situations.

The way they wrote it is he walks out and AJ runs over and clocks him.  Now you're guessing....  hmm maybe he isn't out there to cost Dean.

40 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The way they wrote it is he walks out and AJ runs over and clocks him.  Now you're guessing....  hmm maybe he isn't out there to cost Dean.

Did anyone actually think this, though? People here have been calling the Ellsworth turn for weeks. I can't imagine any seasoned fan questioning their "sixth sense for turns" at any point during that finish. It was still the same predictable result, only without making sense given the motivations he laid out afterwards.

I do agree with you about Harper, though. I liked him finally accepting Orton into the family by taking the gore for him as he would for Bray.

I also think the Alexa/Becky tables match is being a tad bit underappreciated. I don't like tables matches usually. It's not my thing but I thought they did some unique teasing here and a couple spots I haven't seen before too.  Alexa's DDT on the under part of the table where the metal is exposed looked like something that would hurt like fucking hell. 

We also saw probably the best chairs match ever? I loved the hell out of this show.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The more I think about it, the more I think Cena will be the proctor for his brother-in-law against the Miz.  It makes too much sense on several levels.

It makes sense, especially when you throw in Miz's history with Cena.   I think Sami would ultimately be the better choice though, as Bryan's avatar- especially if Miz and Sami somehow go 100% lights out- I want Miz to win Bryan's respect at the end of this somehow.

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

When is the last time heels (at least in the way the promotion views them) have held all the belts?

I am sure it isn't as long as it feels in my head but yeah

Well it's never happened in the (short) history of Smackdown Live. But it's good booking as it will lead to WrestleMania being feel good for the Smackdown side. Becky overcomes the odds to regain her title, Daniel Bryan's NXT proxy beats the Miz, AJ turns babyface against Smackdown Elimination Chamber winner Baron Corbin (I honestly have no clue who else could take on AJ that is not named John Cena)

I wonder if Bryan/Miz feud ends up without the IC title being involved. Baron Corbin keeps asking for a bigger spot, Miz complains that Daniel Bryan favors people like Dolph and James Ellsworth over deserving talent. The obvious answer is to pit Miz against Baron Corbin. No matter the outcome Bryan wins. If Corbin wins, Bryan's happy because Miz is not champ and Corbin has one less thing to complain about. If Miz wins by cheating, Bryan's still happy because Corbin would probably kill Miz and might scare Maryse away from WWE for a few months.

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

When is the last time heels (at least in the way the promotion views them) have held all the belts?

I am sure it isn't as long as it feels in my head but yeah

as i said last night,  welcome to JCP 2k16.

I said this last night but I enjoy the subtle things

Bray and Randy Orton treated Heath Slater as a normal opponent AND they had Rhyno be the one pinned.

And thus the resurrection of Heath Slater is completed.

So I am sure Luke Harper will beat him in 40 seconds on Tuesday

• Like 1

Spoiler

Becky is the one who attacked Nikki.

- The way they just threw out that it was Nattie last night was a red herring because of course you'd think it was her.

- Becky called Alexa a bitch last week on SD Live, and they made sure to replay it in the video package last night.

- Becky was pretty short with Renee in the post-match last night. Which, sure, she's dejected. But, Becky's also been portrayed as the type who'd stand there and be a pro about it.

- Alexa's promo on Talking Smack was pretty much 100% babyface until they suggested she owed Becky, so maybe they were planting a seed for a slow burn face turn there? I dunno, maybe I'm reaching on that one.

- Becky said in a recent interview she'd like to turn heel.

- She's got the motivation. "I was the champ, why did they make you team captain?"

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

After that is Dana and Nia and they clearly are keeping Nia off the air till they can figure out what to do with her

It baffles me why this is such a hard thing to do.  The simple answer is to let her beat people up.  Whether she does that as a tweener or a full blown heel is the matter of conjecture, I suppose. 

It would help if her heat hadn't been destroyed over the past three months by tap out losses and whatnot.

• Like 2