DVDVR Message Board

Tables, Ladders & Chairs VIII

Dolfan in NYC

Someone needs to step in at the WWE Digital ad department. 

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match (NOTE THE OXFORD COMMA) For the WWE World Championship - AJ Styles (c) vs Dean Ambrose

Not announced, but probable:

WWE Intercontinental Championship, best of 170,283 series - The Miz (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

Smackdown Tag Team Championship - Beauty + The Man Beast (c) vs. The Usos

Smackdown Women's Championship - Becky Lynch (c) vs Alexa Bliss

• Like 1

God they better not go back to fucking Ziggler - especially after being nowhere to be found at Survivor Series

That tag match will definitely be confirmed tonight as they are doing a #1 contenders match

Also you will get Kalisto vs. Baron Corbin and Nikki Bella vs. whoever attacked her (ie Nattie)

I love Becky and Alexa like daughters, but I am really looking forward to them beating the living shit out of each other.

I do not want to see the new heel Usos go the way of the Club and always be eternal #1 contenders and never title holders, but I'm not ready for Slater and Rhyno to be ex-champs yet.  Someone has to think of the children.

Please God, do not give the title back to Ziggler.  Make sure that Maryse has a full can of hair spray in her purse and please make sure she doesn't mace her husband by accident.

• Like 1

If I had to guess the match card:

TLC Match: AJ Styles (c) vs. Dean Ambrose - WWE Title

Tables Match: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Alexa Bliss - WWE Smackdown Women's Title

Ladder Match: Miz (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin vs. Kalisto vs. Luke Harper - WWE IC Title

Rhyno/Slater (c) vs. Breezango - WWE SD Tag Team Titles

Chairs Match: Nikki Bella vs. Natalya

Pre-Show:

Randy Orton/Bray Wyatt vs. Hype Bros

I don't know of a good way to get Wyatt on the card but he should be on it and not against Kane and he shouldn't be on the pre-show but I figure with everyone who should be on the card he could get bumped to the pre-show and who doesn't want to see Mojo Rawley get beat up for 10 minutes or so

Well it is gonna be weird as I dont think Orton is going to be on tonight's show as he tweeted right after SS that his kid was being born within the next 36 hours so I don't think he will be there

Granted they could do a pre-tape or something

Problem with the SDL roster is that they are so light on single faces - I guess Bray can focus on beating up Dolph for a couple of weeks.

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well it is gonna be weird as I dont think Orton is going to be on tonight's show as he tweeted right after SS that his kid was being born within the next 36 hours so I don't think he will be there

You do have to wear pants in those delivery rooms so he might skip the whole thing.

I mean, there's usually two people not wearing pants.  But the father isn't one of them.

24 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

How about something like the New Wyatt Family vs. Undertaker & Kane & John Cena?

You could start to plant the seeds for WrestleMania.

Can we not go down this route? In fact, lets stay as far from that road as possible. The Wyatt's are pretty much beyond repair because of jobbing to Cena, Kane, and Taker.

• Like 2

I like the idea of having a multi-man ladder match for the IC Title but I'd like to see Sami Zayn in the mix, maybe have him show up on Smackdown demanding a rematch even going as far as to sign a Smackdown contract to get his rematch, so D-Bry throws him in the ladder match and Zayn grabs the belt.

The more things change, the more things stay the same

Now known

AJ Styles vs. Dean Ambrose - TLC Match (WWE Championship)

Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler - Ladder Match (IC Title)

Becky Lynch vs. Alexa Bliss - SDL Women's Title

B&MB vs. AA or Wyatts - SDL Tag Titles

Nikki Bella vs. Carmella - No DQ

Baron Corbin vs. Kalisto - Chairs Match

Since they are making it a point that it is the final Miz/Ziggler match - no one is getting added to it

And let's be honest who is left to add anyway? Yes Luke Harper would be awesome but Kane? Apollo Crews? Curt Hawkins?

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Since they are making it a point that it is the final Miz/Ziggler match - no one is getting added to it

And let's be honest who is left to add anyway? Yes Luke Harper would be awesome but Kane? Apollo Crews? Curt Hawkins?

I'm sure Crews and Hawkins would do some crazy spots and take some huge bumps if they were in a Ladder match for a title on a PPV.

Miz cheating to win at Survivor Series was the perfect way to bring Sami over to Smackdown, they could book it as he wants his rematch so he gets added to the Ladder match give him the belt and make him a fighting champion.

I like the card.

Dean/AJ has been good every time and I suspect this will be the last big match between the two.

Miz/Ziggler has been great every time so far in this feud and it actually ending on a stip match which I like though I would have preferred something like 2/3 falls opposed to a laddermatch. The way Bryan mentioned this being their last match makes me think the loser is getting traded for Zayn. Really hope Miz retains.

Becky/Alexa should be solid. Nikki/Carmella finally getting a stip match is nice and should be fun though I'm hoping for more. I'm happy its no dq.

Baron/Kalisto should be fun.

Slater/Rhyno vs. Wyatts is weirdly the weakest match to me on paper. Hopefully they surprise me. I've enjoyed Slater & Rhyno's reign, but I'm totally pulling for the Wyatts, especially if it leads to Freebirds rules like New Day.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 9:57 AM, J.T. said:

I love Becky and Alexa like daughters, but I am really looking forward to them beating the living shit out of each other.

I do not want to see the new heel Usos go the way of the Club and always be eternal #1 contenders and never title holders, but I'm not ready for Slater and Rhyno to be ex-champs yet.  Someone has to think of the children.

Please God, do not give the title back to Ziggler.  Make sure that Maryse has a full can of hair spray in her purse and please make sure she doesn't mace her husband by accident.

They already have downgraded the Usos to the #2 heel team, now with Bray & Orton coming around the bend.  I'm happy to see Bray get some shine, but I need knee-capping Jimmy & Jey in my life.

And yes, send wrestling prayers that Maryse douses Ziggler with hair spray, perfume, pepper spray, mace, cooking spray, spray paint--whatever necessary to keep the IC belt on Miz for the time being. No Ziggy, please!

• Like 1

On 11/23/2016 at 4:12 PM, zev said:

I fully support hair spray to the face for sake of gaining a win.

Perfume is allowable as long as you acknowledge Rick Martel and his Arrogance.

Shouldnt you of all people be championing someone else for that spot? 

Sometimes you just have to show respect for someone who was given a gimmick and went all in with it, even if you hated the character or thought it was dumb.

Model Martel was one of those gimmicks and guys.