DVDVR Message Board

Raw - 11/21/16

Dolfan in NYC

I feel like the naked Enzo segment could have been 100x better with some good old fashioned Austin Powers style dick obfuscation via cleverly placed props and extras instead of the mosaic censoring and flesh colored thong. Which was oddly orange. Looked like Enzo spray tanned his junk.

How many pages of Jericho's next autobiography will be dedicated to him comparing his Sin Cara shenanigans to the night he dressed up as Doink, much to the dismay of HBK?

Or did I imagine he did that?

Goldberg cut another great promo. Putting him in the Rumble is a smart move.

Jericho and Owens teasing the breakup was so good.

Strowman vs Sami was really well done.

I was enjoying the tag title match before the dumb finish. Cesaro and Sheamus are a GREAT team. Let's get this stupid record over with and move on. I want Cesaro and Sheamus versus The Revival and I want a Big E singles push.

Charlotte cut a good promo too. I wonder what the crowd will be like for that match next week in Flair Country?

• Like 1

Jericho with the sucker punch in a Sin Cara mask was Ovaltine-gold. Just Grade-A trolling right there.

Is it a mandate that every backstage interviewer has to stand there like a buffoon as their subject walks away?

The Owens/Rollins match was damn good. That dive was insane. although it made no sense to ban Jericho/Reigns from ringside if the match was no DQ.

They said Goldberg is gonna be #1 in the Rumble, he's in for a long ass night if he's not eliminated early. He better hope his body holds up. I wonder if Lesnar is gonna make an appearance.

Braun Stroman beating the crap out of Sami Zayn was crazy, but Sami's selling was great.

14 minutes ago, victor said:

They said Goldberg is gonna be #1 in the Rumble, he's in for a long ass night if he's not eliminated early. He better hope his body holds up. I wonder if Lesnar is gonna make an appearance.

Oh that's exactly what's happening.  You could tell by the way Goldberg came out, barely mentioned Lesnar and talked about the world title without once referring to another wrestler, or even the world champion by name.  I predict we won't see or hear from Lesnar between now and Royal Rumble and he'll come in and eliminated Goldberg, setting up their last match at WM.

You know, they could have king-sized Kevin Owens by having him come down while Goldberg was talking about his last title run, and had Owens say something like "There's one little problem, Grampa, I'm the world champion.  I'm not just going to give this title.  You're going to have to take it from me."  You don't even ever have to have them wrestle, but just have him stand up for himself.

I think that's the biggest problem with watching Raw, is just how many missed opportunities there are at elevating/getting people over.  It's not even wins/losses, it's just having guys look tougher or like they give a shit.

• Like 8

The Jeircho/Owens promo was absolutely awesome on so many levels.

I don't want any dissention, i want them to keep this act going for as long as humanly possibe.

Zayn/Strowman was good for what it is, kind of curious to see where Zayn goes from here.

Loved Goldberg being in the RR, and I am not the biggest fan of him by any means.

7 hours ago, victor said:

Who said he was going to be #1?

Goldberg doesn't say it during his promo

It isn't mentioned in the wwe.com story about it

No one has mentioned it on any of the recaps

If it was an announcer then I am pretty sure they screwed up saying that.

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Cesaro has no one but himself to blame for that loss.  If you see him tapping and don't hear the bell, why the fuck would you let go? 

This is why in MMA you keep punching the guy until the ref stops the fight.

So, New Day ragged on Demolition and got booed.  Miscue in humor or foreshadowing of heel turn?

Poor Nia Jax.  Her armor is splintering.  Meanwhile, Braun still continues to be booked like a monster and picks up his biggest singles win to date. 

Samy Zayn:  contender or gateway worker?