DVDVR Message Board

2016 NCAAF: WEEK 13

Dolfan in NYC

Tough loss to take. Refs miss a PI on 3rd down that forces Michigan to kick and then an incredibly generous spot literally takes win away from Michigan. No question the turnovers hurt but Michigan did enough and didn't get the result they earned. 

Just now, Tabe said:

Tough loss to take. Refs miss a PI on 3rd down that forces Michigan to kick and then an incredibly generous spot literally takes win away from Michigan. No question the turnovers hurt but Michigan did enough and didn't get the result they earned. 

That was not pass interference, he touched him but nothing that impeded him from getting to the ball.  That spot looked good to me, but then again I was born and raised in Ohio and see things through scarlet colored contacts.  That game was pretty much everything an OSU/UM game should be.   

11 minutes ago, supremebve said:

That was not pass interference, he touched him but nothing that impeded him from getting to the ball.  That spot looked good to me, but then again I was born and raised in Ohio and see things through scarlet colored contacts.  That game was pretty much everything an OSU/UM game should be.   

Haha.

He pulled the right shoulder - that's supposed to be an automatic PI.

And that spot was brutal. Refs (and you?) were fooled by his feet being in front of the ball.

Michigan didn't lose that game because of two close calls.  They lost because, despite controlling the majority of the game, they lacked the playmakers on offense to stretch out a lead against OSU's athletes on defense, which left the door open for OSU's athleticism to win out in the end.  Smith? Nice player.  Chesson, Darboh? Nice players.  None of them great, though.  They try hard to make something happen with Peppers, but he's not half the hype.

Harbaugh just needs more time to get some real playmakers.  Then Urb is in trouble.

• Like 1

This Iron Bowl is killing me.  Auburn has 1 first down and 36 yards of offense...yet is in this gam only down 13-9 at the half because of Bama's sloppy play.

This is how you lose these rivalry games: leave the door open for something crazy to happen.

Really, it's impossible to argue Ohio doesn't deserve to go. They will be one of just three (at best) one loss power five teams, they're loss was close on the road to a 10-2 team that might win the conference, and if they don't, then Ohio State would have wins over potentially two power five conference champions, and a top ten Michigan team.

The only team with a clearly superior resume is Bama.

If favorites all win, it's Bama, Ohio, Clemson, and probably Washington.

If Washington and Clemson were too lose... Be glad you aren't on the committee.

For all the obvious reasons, I'm pro Wisconsin.

But God dammit, what little chance Michigan still has depends on Pedo State winning. (And Colorado winning out. And then still probably getting left out for a clearly inferior Oklahoma)

So Alabama routes Auburn in the 2nd half, but the thing I'm most happy about is Auburn's midseason resurgence means Gus is safe to return next season.  Dude actually called a 4th down play where his fucking FULLBACK threw the ball.

I also got a kick out of Gus chewing out his QB for misreading a pass play...only for Rhett Lashlee to step in and be like, "Um, no.  You're wrong, coach."  This happened on national TV!

That's 4 straight games without allowing a TD for Alabama btw.  This defense might be the GOAT.  They were down to walk-ons in the secondary in the 2nd half and Auburn still couldn't sniff the endzone.

Today, boys, the Alma Mater walked into Athens and STOLE one from the dwags. Qua Searcy ran in the winning score on what was supposed to be a throwback to the QB on third and goal with under a minute left. Teeth were gnashed. Tears were wept. Hedges were destroyed. Georgia Tech is now two for their last three against u(sic)ga, and Kirby Smart (and "option defense consultant" Brian Van Gorder) were beaten by Paul Johnson and the angry midgets. To. Hell. With. georgia.