DVDVR Message Board

2016 NCAAF: WEEK 13

Dolfan in NYC

Here's the other side of the Penn State dilemma: Michigan. If Ohio wins a close one over Michigan, Penn gets the East, beats Wisconsin... Is the B1G title really enough to outweigh Michigan beating them by 39? Especially if Colorado wins the Pac-12. Michigan would be 10-2, with likely three top ten wins (two over conference champions) and both loses being close and on the road.

Michigan State could really solve a lot of headaches with that potential upset.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cubbymark said:

If Notre Dame can have wins vacated for academic issues, Penn State should have had wins vacated for enabling child molesters. 

They should've got those wins back when all those kids who were raped get their virginity back. 

20 hours ago, Ryan said:

Or sense of respect for adult leaders and ability to trust other human beings.

You have no idea how hard I am rooting for Michigan this weekend #FuckPedState

• Like 1

I would bet money that flurry of stories last night originated from pro-Herman Texas boosters in response to the recent chatter that the UT prez might keep Strong around.

although I do think Herman is a better fit at LSU than Texas.  I think they've proven they like a little offbeat in their coach.

If I'm Herman, I take the Texas pressure and (Blow the) Big Game Bob over playing Saban every year in a heartbeat. But that lack of competitive spirit might be why my coaching career stalled after one season of being an assistant to a freshmen team.

They'd absolutely take that if Herman beats Bama, lol. I could see Herman taking it and banking on Saban stepping down from the Death Star some time real soon and hoping that Bama doesn't get a similar coach that's sociopathicly-fixated on recruiting and winning.

Looks like PJ Fleck to Purdue is just about done, too.  I get cashing out while your value is at it's highest, but I will never understand these hotshot MAC coaches who opt to sacrifice their careers on the pyre of shitty B1G programs.

Farewell, PJ.  We barely knew ye.

3 hours ago, EVA said:

I was really happy about that news  until I read he's likely going after the Lane Train for OC.

Would Lane leave a sure thing, though?  For another HC gig sure,  but OC at LSU is a lateral move at best.  Heck, it may be a demotion if Saban gets a wild hair up his butt about it and blows Baton Rouge off the face of the earth to prove that he'll always be the final boss of the SEC.

39 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Would Lane leave a sure thing, though?  For another HC gig sure,  but OC at LSU is a lateral move at best.  Heck, it may be a demotion if Saban gets a wild hair up his butt about it and blows Baton Rouge off the face of the earth to prove that he'll always be the final boss of the SEC.

It's a lateral move, but Kiffin and Orgeron are best friends.  If the money is comparable, it comes down to whether you want to work for your buddy or an authoritarian micromanager who will chew your ass on national TV then joke about it in the post game presser.