DVDVR Message Board

2016 NCAAF: WEEK 13

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

The Big Ten East, where you're either top ten in the country, absolutely terrible, or Indiana.

And Indiana is really crap as well (The game I saw them play against Rutgers was awful in every respect. They deserved to lose but Rutgers is just so bad they got away with it).

They keep playing to the level of competition. Hang with good teams before losing, let bad teams hang with them before winning.

There's two clear tiers in the East (Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State where it looks like the best division in the nation, Rutgers, Maryland and Michigan State where it looks like the worst in the power five) and then there's Indiana, not good enough for tier one, not awful enough for tier two.

If Sparty hadn't shat the bed this year, and been at least solid... The Big Ten East would have a good case for being better than the SEC West. Until Rutgers.

3 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

He lost his voice along time ago through some bad surgery, I remember he was awesome on color. . . .

It sounds like he still has his voice but he was a week away from dying before getting a heart transplant in September... 

Herbstreit lobbying hard for 3-loss USC as one of the top 2 teams in the country was hilarious.  That takes me back to Pete Carrol's last couple of years there, when they weren't contenders but Kirk would always talk them up as "the best team right now" at the end of the season.

That was ridiculous. The toughest thing to me is to keep out Penn St. if they win the B1G.  That's where I agree with Joey. If you win the conference and also have a head to head win over Ohio St. I don't see how Ohio St. can be #2 but Penn St. left out. I can see the Buckeyes being ranked ahead of them sure but to leave out Penn St completely would be rough 

But also fuck Penn St.

• Like 1

I have Penn State on upset alert this week.  Michigan State isn't a good team this year, but they were able to play Ohio State down to the wire, they showed some fight against Michigan, and this game is literally all they have left to play for.  And, despite whatever the records say, I think they're a stiffer challenge than anyone Penn State has played since scoring the upset over OSU.  I think the Spartans are going to spare the committee a major headache.

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

"We find the recent statement by DeAndre Levy about Coach Paterno appalling, along with the silence that has accompanied it," a statement from former Penn State players said in the Detroit Free Press. "To joyfully and proudly take credit for hurting a defenseless human being is sad, in and of itself.

"But, to couple this gleeful statement with a willful ignorance of the facts and circumstances surrounding our coach speaks to a complete lack of character and moral integrity on the part of Mr. Levy. Mr. Levy's comments reflect poorly on him, his university, the Detroit Lions and the NFL, and are certainly deserving of vocal condemnation."

Dude. If WHOOSHES and irony were a renewable fuel source, we could permanently convert to wind power with that press statement. 

• Like 3