DVDVR Message Board

SURVIVOR SERIES 2016 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

The CW 6 man was decent but nothing that special, pretty much par for the course for the other CW matches they've had.

Good to see that seasoned vet Luke Harper give the rub to a young up and comer like Kane...

Women's match wasn't bad but it didn't really do anyone any favors.  Becky really should have gotten some more time trying to overcome the odds before getting pinned.  In the end the match was nothing but a vehicle to set up Bayley/Charlotte.

The IC title match was pretty solid with Miz overdelivering again until the bullshit finish.  Hopefully Sami ends up leaving Raw and gets a rematch on Tuesday.

Hey, let's make a CW-exclusive show that takes place right after Smackdown, but have the actual CW division on Raw!  Seriously, that was a match whose booking was can't miss and they found a way to completely fuck it up.  No one gives a shit about Corbin or his feud with Kalisto and will soon not give a shit about the CW division if it continues to be treated like this.

The Tag Elimination match wasn't bad but again there was a no-miss way to finally showcase American Alpha, so of course they get jobbed out in fairly quick manner.  Gable looked awesome for a few seconds hitting that rolling German on Cesaro and then the great dive, but other than that this match was just filler.

There was so much going on in the men's elimination match it's hard to really give it an overall review.  It had plenty of hot, fun to watch segments then a bunch that just drug, interspersed with questionable booking and incredibly inconsistent officiating.  On several occasions I thought various guys had already been eliminated based on how long they'd been lying around outside the ring.  Strowman looked good though.  As much as I dislike Orton and think this thing with he and Bray is going to have a predictable ending, I didn't mind how it all shook out.  And holy shit, Bray scored a pinfall in an important match!

So the main event...maybe the rumors about Goldberg being hurt are true?  Or maybe that was all he could do without getting gassed?  Then again maybe they just realized the two of them trying to have an actual match would have been the drizzling shits and decided to get it done as soon as possible.  If this is the last we see of Lesnar then I'm not all that miffed as he's been in diminishing returns for a while.

2 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

The main issue with the men's match was Shane lasting after the table bump. That was a perfect spot to take him out. There was a long stretch after that where he was gassed and dragged everyone down with him.

But then he wouldn't have been severely concussed!

Man, who gives a shit about Alpha when we got that amazing ending stretch in the giant mess of a match? That was incredible.

• Like 1

I thought the Women's 5v5 match was kinda clunky, I also think Becky should have gotten a longer survival segment (maybe something similar to what Roman got at the end).

Dug the Miz/Zayn match

The Tag Match was a ,mess and it was great.

The Men's match was fun.

I guess Brock really is just a special attraction like an old school card with a wrestling bear or something.

I also enjoy that they just dragged Shane's ass out of the ring because they couldn't delay things. Head and neck injury be damned.

I mean they only ended 35 minutes early

Well, say what you will about Lesnar matches, they are certainly never standard pro wrestling booking.  

I'm guessing this is the initial build to Goldberg/Undertaker at WM.  Taker being pissed that the guy who ended his streak just got annihilated in 90 seconds.

And I'm almost positive these "shocked faces in the crowd" are at least partially plants.  I saw the exact same dude at Takeover looking up at the screen to make sure he was on.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

KO got DQed for using a clipboard

30 minutes later in the same match - guys are just coming and going as they please

Yeah, that's just crazy.

I'm sitting here, still stunned by that ending.  I'm looking around for someone to explain to me what I just saw.

Pretty sure Shane is dead and Reigns may not be far behind with that Spear from Hell.

9 minutes ago, steve said:

I noticed that at the time. Another thing to watch out for at the end of that match is JBL putting his head in his hands in the background after screaming "RAW WINS! RAW WINS!" when Smackdown won.

• Like 2

Someone needs to eventually do a shoot on Lesnar's booking this year - between the Ambrose, Orton and Goldberg match you've had some weird, weird stuff. 

I think we tend to forget that it wasn't like breaking the streak was some planned out deal. They thought UT was done and Brock was the guy lined up. 

The day the booking of Brock went off the rails was when they got cold feet on having Roman beat him at 'Mania. That was the story. Instead, you've had two years now of them not wanting to pull the trigger on anyone.

At least THIS is interesting. As a fan, I am now curious whether Brock can beat this man. 

Also, Goldberg is the best fucking babyface in wrestling right now. The man came back to be a superhero, to show his son his dad used to be someone and he came in and backed his shit up. 

• Like 2

Just now, RIPPA said:

Ha. That's savage.

Miz and Kendrick finishes were completely cringe-worthy.

I assume Randy went over to Shane's kid to let him know his dad was acting? Or ok? I figure if he was actually seriously hurt they'd get the family to the back.

15 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Seriously, that was a match whose booking was can't miss and they found a way to completely fuck it up.

I put a tenner on Kendrick to win on the off chance that they might go the opposite of the obvious choice, and made a $32 profit, so I'm fine with it.

1 minute ago, Peck said:

Ha. That's savage.

Miz and Kendrick finishes were completely cringe-worthy.

I assume Randy went over to Shane's kid to let him know his dad was acting? Or ok? I figure if he was actually seriously hurt they'd get the family to the back.

Or telling him he's his new daddy now. 

• Like 2

Just now, w. josh said:

Among all the other ugly stuff in the big multi, that might be the worst Rollins has ever looked in a WWE ring. Those halfhearted jogging forearms into the corner were both awful and plentiful. 

Seriously! I've been more or less a Rollins optimist for a while and I'm starting to fade.