DVDVR Message Board

SURVIVOR SERIES 2016 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

Maybe I'm just loopy after that show and it feels like about 10 years ago since I watched the opener (it didn't help that  fell asleep 3 times and it took me 8 hours to watch the whole show) - but it sure seemed like Alexa was the most over woman in that match when the crowd generally sat on their hands for everyone else.

1 hour ago, Fallacy! said:

Tough call, what does a father do when one of his sons injures his other son?

Apparently, Shane was walking around backstage after the show.  So no choice for Vince to make.  Steph runs the business, Roman wins all the belts, and Shane can jump off tall structures still.  And of course, millions will be made for all. Just like Vince intended for his children.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kyuubi said:

...Did Baron Corbin fuck up and attack the wrong guy?

No - he was smart

He attacked Kendrick first - thus DQing Kalisto

If he had gone after Kalisto first, Kalisto wins

Called it.  And love it.  Goldberg should retire on Raw and Brock should just go on a rampage.  I think Sami Zayn needs an F-5. 

I posted:

I think Goldberg should beat Brock. And then immediately retire without a rematch. 

A vulnerable, insecure and pissed off Brock would be far preferable to cocky, bored, Suplex City Brock.

Honestly, a 30 second spear and Jackhammer would be astounding. Especially if it leads to panicky Brock going nuts and F-5ing people and various people (not Roman) trying to stand up to him.

Do Brock / Goldberg 3 at Wrestlemania, and have Brock break his arm and Goldberg not tap (let the doctor call it).

• Like 4

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I think the bigger issue that I am seeing people have is that yet again it is a part-time star of yesteryear being put over instead of "creating a new star"

Of course - then you get into the whole "WWE's inability to create new stars" thing

Hard to make new stars when these guys are writing the show:

IOkVHVu.jpg?fb

'Membah Bill Goldberg? 'Membah Shawn Michaels? 'Membah The Undertakah?

• Like 11

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

No - he was smart

He attacked Kendrick first - thus DQing Kalisto

If he had gone after Kalisto first, Kalisto wins

I know it looks smart. My issue is that it makes no sense to me as the best option would be that Kendrick kept the title but still lost. I don't know. It just seemed off to me.

The bigger problem is that Baron was taken off the team due to a leg injury that he just seemed fine now.  If Baron hobbles down on a crutch and blasts both guys with it, great.  Instead, he runs in and beats up two guys and instead we got an exhibition of Shane McMahon's fists of fury.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jstout said:

Why do people think that Brock is now incapable of creating a new star? This loss won't hurt him that badly by the time all this is said and done. They haven't seen the end of the movie and they're still certain it sucks.

I don't think the issue is that Brock is incapable, but that WWE is incapable. Wrestlers overcome losses all the time but it takes planning to put over/create someone and I think due to recent history very few have faith in WWE doing it with Brock. Since returning in 2012, WWE hasn't been using Brock in that way at all, so it would take a shift in thinking for that to change (and Brock being interested in whatever the program is).

• Like 1

Shane was just awful in that match. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out he concussed himself on the table spot, and was all fucked up for everything afterwards. Would explain why he had his knees up on the Lionsault but Jericho didn't sell it like that.

More From Meltzer

- Nikki being taking out of the match was always the plan from the start (hence the big reason why Nattie was captain)

- Nia was always supposed to tap to the Disarmer (some people speculated that she was suppose to lose to the double suplex that was fucked up so they improvised) 

- Shane was telling people he was fine (he clearly wasn't)

I'm guessing that one or two of Shane's punches were a bit stiffer than Jericho was expecting, it looked like they were going to go off the rails a little before Jericho calmed himself down.

Overall, the show felt like one in which a lot of interesting things could have happened but nothing actually did outside of the Goldberg/Lesnar match.

Most over not Canadian wrestler on the show was AJ styles the top heel for his brand. 

Most hated wrestler on the show is arguably the top babyface for his brand Roman Reigns, Let's go Smackdown chants when he's left as the last guy for his team put in the underdog spot versus the whole Wyatt family. 

But yea the part timers fighting each other is the reason these guys can't get over. 

• RIPPA unpinned this topic