DVDVR Message Board

SURVIVOR SERIES 2016 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Brock killing Rusev tonight feels right.

The Nia elimination made zero sense.  I didn't hate it in a vacuum, but it doesn't work if you're trying to build her to be a monster heel.

Her first loss in NXT was the same way against Bayley when Bayely essentially did a fluke chokeout on her in London. The WWE is very weird when it comes to having monsters lose.

Im going to hell, I legit lol'd @ a cp joke.

Why are there so many $5 footlong cp jokes in the Survivor Series post show thread?  

How much synthetic testosterone did it take to produce that main event?  Not just in the ring, but through booking/backstage and everything.

Shane McMahon is able to beat the shit out of 2/3 of the Shield and Braun because he's the boss' kid, and goddamnit you better sell for a McMahon.  Reigns didnt break him, $hane broke himself doing some $hane shit. Hey motherfucker, that ring aint a fucking airbag lol.

So Fantasy Warfare became real...or Brock's controller broke. Even with WWE's thing for part timers, didn't see Goldberg squashing Brock in less than 2 minutes. Shortest. Main Event. Evah.

Lost in the talk about the main event is Sasha Banks' getting eliminated early in the RAW vs. Smackdown Live Women's Survivor Series match.

Also not mentioned, Luke Harper fucking losing to Kane. Yeah, yeah, yeah so deserves better.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Big GIF of Roman Reigns Spear to Shane O'Mac:

Hide contents

10f0b47129c359f5-600x400.gif

Jesus.

The fan reaction at the end looks like Stephanie incognito  (ala Clark Kent) enjoying her brother's TBI.

• Like 2

I stand by my comment, Reigns didnt kill him.  $hane took a spear out of a chairless van terminator.  I highly doubt Reigns went into business for himself.

Looks like $hane didnt tuck his chin and whiplashed the back of his head into the mat on a section of the ring with very little give.  Probably concussed.

Im not big on RR, but $hane probably shouldn't be doing in ring stuff.  Take his shitty working punches, and do falls count anywhere brawls so he can get his spot monkey flippy shit in, but that McMahon dick measuring contest stuff shouldnt be in the squared circle. A top tier worker could probably take him to something watchable, but $hane has always gravitated towards the car crash side of the business.

7 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

In a bubble, I actually like the Brock/Goldberg finish. Problem is that coming off two straight Brock matches that over promised and under delivered, I don't know if a quick squash as a main event was the best idea. 

Brock's best match since The Undertaker Hell in a Cell match at Hell in a Cell 2015.

Man, I loved the Goldberg vs Brock match. For so long now I've complained that UFC is right there showing that the biggest fights can end so unbelievably fast. They don't all need to be long, drawn out affairs. And then they booked a match like anything could happen. Goldberg hits his best shots on Brock and rightly puts him away. I was fully prepared for the kick out and when it didn't happen it turned into a holy shit moment.

Plus, compare this to how Daniel Bryan lost to Sheamus. While that match helped catapult DB's popularity, it was also just a giant bunch of bullshit. That match didn't make me think that "anything can happen." It just made me think that DB is subject to shitty booking. With Goldberg squashing Brock though, it really felt like anything could happen, just like so many UFC bouts that I've seen. They all don't need to be wars. Sometimes you get your best shot in, you get a CRITICAL!, and you're able to end the match fast. I don't think this should happen all of the time, but this was an example of this type of finish being used correctly. And now you go into Goldberg vs Brock 3. If Goldberg hits a spear, think of the drama that creates. Brock hits a German Suplex or an F5 and it's like, whatever, people constantly kick out of this stuff. The spear from Goldberg is nearly a death move now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Brock's best match since The Undertaker Hell in a Cell match at Hell in a Cell 2015.

I don't even know how you grade a "match" like that, but considering three of the four PPV matches he's had since HIAC were complete garbage (Ambrose, Orton, Wyatt squash) I'm not sure how high of praise that is. 

Again, cool finish, but after the BS with the Orton match and the listless performance he had with Ambrose, I don't think another weird, abrupt finish is the best way to book Brock going forward.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Big GIF of Roman Reigns Spear to Shane O'Mac:

Hide contents

10f0b47129c359f5-600x400.gif

Jesus.

You can tell from the look in $hane's eyes that nobody is home.   That is not selling:  its a legit hardway concussion.

I don't really blame Roman because he's doing the best he can to meet $hane at the spot and bring him down easy. 

I blame whomever booked that finish and I also blame $hane for thinking its the 90's and he's still rolling with the MSP and can still leap from Titantrons with no adverse effects.

You're an old guy now, $hane.  Nothing but small package roll up loses for you from here on out..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

I don't even know how you grade a "match" like that, but considering three of the four PPV matches he's had since HIAC were complete garbage (Ambrose, Orton, Wyatt squash) I'm not sure how high of praise that is. 

It isn't. Least this match was quicker than the others and Lesnar was getting the receiving end for once.

So on the women's stuff, I dug the sub for Nia for two reasons:

1) It keeps the deal where flash subs are her weakness from NXT.

2) It gave Becky something big since she was about to be eaten alive and also helped protect Alexa.

Bayley pinning Becky was fine too because Becky had just been through hell and iirc that was Bayley's first time in, making her totally fresh. Very much a situation where Bex was super handicapped by that point and a fresh Bayley was too good not to finish it from there.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:
  Hide contents

Summerslam 13 - Beat Kane (Ring of Fire Match)

Battleground 13 - Beat Kofi Kingston

TLC 13 - Wyatts beat Daniel Bryan (Handicap Match)

Royal Rumble 14 - beat Daniel Bryan

Elimination Chamber 14 - Wyatts beat Shield

Mania XXX - Lost to John Cena

Extreme Rules 14 - beat John Cena (Cage Match)

Payback 14 - Lost to John Cena (Last Man Standing)

MITB 14 - Participated in MITB (won by Cena for Title)

Battleground 14 - lost to Chris Jericho

Summerslam 14 - Beat Chris Jericho

Survivor Series 14 - beat Dean Ambrose

TLC 14 - beat Dean Ambrose

Royal Rumble 15 - Participated in Rumble (won by Reigns)

Mania 15 - lost to Undertaker

Payback 15 - beat Ryback

Battleground 15 - beat Roman Reigns

Summerslam 15 - w/Harper lost to Reigns/Ambrose

Night of Champions 15 - Wyatts beat Reigns/Ambrose/Jericho

Hell in a Cell 15 - Lost to Roman Reigns (HITC Match)

Survivor Series 15 - w/ Luke Harper lost to Taker/Kane

TLC 15 - Wyatts beat ECW Folks (Elimination Tables Match)

Royal Rumble 16 - Participated in Rumble (won by HHH)

Roadblock 16 - w/Luke Harper lost to Brock Lesnar (Bray never actually participated in the match)

Battleground 16 - Wyatts beat New Day

Backlash 16 - lost to Kane (No DQ)

No Mercy 16 - beat Randy Orton

Survivor Series 16 - Survived with Randy Orton

Bray Wyatt PPV Matches

Man - too bad he never wins the "big one"

And let's not forget that he's won other big blow-offs that weren't on PPV, ie: ambulance match vs Ambrose; cage match vs Jericho.

• Like 1

the women's match was just so rushed and it makes no sense given that they ended at 10:30. I think if the eliminations were stretched out it'd be received a lot better.  But a couple of the women were not as protected as I'd like.  Ditto with the tag teams.  American Alpha losing to Gallows and Anderson like that, why? Usos and Cesaro and Sheamus saved that match at the end.

7 hours ago, steve said:

In the match itself, it seemed like people were getting behind him taking a beating and hanging in there with Lesnar. Not like in online sentiment or whatever, but like the actual Mania crowd wasn't exclusively booing the hell out of him.

It's not much, but it's more than he's had any other time.

Its been a while since I watched, but I don't recall that at all. Roman was much more over at SS last year when he won the belt and speared HHH. Really the moment they fucked up was having Sheamus beat him instead of taking a spear and loss.

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Its been a while since I watched, but I don't recall that at all. Roman was much more over at SS last year when he won the belt and speared HHH. Really the moment they fucked up was having Sheamus beat him instead of taking a spear and loss.

Peak of Roman's popularity as a singles guy was easily the end of last year's TLC and the next night's Raw. 

• Like 1