DVDVR Message Board

SURVIVOR SERIES 2016 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

I thought the men's survivor tag was insanely fun and a blast to watch. Loved Shane going the distance lasting over 35 minutes, especially near the end when he suddenly starts whooping Reigns and Rollins for a moment. That mid-air spear was sick, perfect way to go out by ref stoppage/TKO. I usually hate the forced Shield reunion teases but thought it was fairly well done here. Loved Orton and Bray here as the New Wyatt Family tag team in action, I've been unsure on the turn since it happened but I'm liking it more and more, tonight they looked awesome together. Glad SDL got to win the big one, thought they had the better women's team too.

Lesnar/Goldberg was shocking, never would've expected the match would seriously go like that. Goldberg never had squash match main events then he squashes the unstoppable for years guy in 1:30 with three moves.. crazy. The 52 minute Survivor match followed by this was a wild way to end the show, too bad it ended so early though.

Thought Corbin blasting the Kendrick/Kalisto match was great storyline continuity. Tag survivors had a superb finishing stretch, New Day going out first so quick was a shock. Cesaro & Sheamus + the Usos looked great. Looking forward to the follow up on most things this week.

The replay told the story better than when I saw it live.  The replay zooms in on Lesnar's face when he's on the canvas and he has the world's biggest smug prick grin but as he's standing up he gets blasted and that was all she wrote. They will play up how overconfident Brock was huge. Looking at it again I don't think this loss damages Lesnar too much as the unbeatable monster. It was a matter of him not taking Goldberg seriously.

• Like 1

It'd actually be fine if they never did a rematch - Goldberg goes out like the ultimate superhero, Brock says he was overconfident, had gotten soft, has found his eye of the tiger and just becomes a wrecking machine again. No matter what, this isn't gonna hurt Brock.

6 minutes ago, jstout said:

It'd actually be fine if they never did a rematch - Goldberg goes out like the ultimate superhero, Brock says he was overconfident, had gotten soft, has found his eye of the tiger and just becomes a wrecking machine again. No matter what, this isn't gonna hurt Brock.

Dear god, that is the worst possible outcome.

• Like 2

I'm really sad the Revival didn't take out the Usos or Sheamus and Cesaro. However, that match was fun as hell at the end. Made no sense as the Usos felt like babyfaces but it was fun. Alpha doing the old Steiner Bros bulldog looked great.

I'm surprised it took them this long to do the big guy running in to beat up the cruiserweights match. Looking forward to the gauntlet match at the rumble where Noam Dar pulls out the upset.

WWE actually shocked me with the main event. Not saying it was good for business cause nothing is these days but it was nice to be shocked for once.

Somebody needs to make a cruiserweight comp that's nothing but the 6-man tags.  I bet it would be like 4 hours long already, and basically the same match over and over again.  Poor Gulak is probably starting to question the nature of his reality.

• Like 3

I missed like the first half of the show because I was asleep and forgot the show started at 7. I also thought tonight was Monday so I thought RAW was on and I wasn't missing anything anyway. It's amazing they have people who can put together story's that make sense in NXT on one night and the next with way more production, talent, money, ect they can't do a tenth of what NXT and Takeover does.

I thought Smackdown would win the Women's and tag matches because they could win those two since they weren't important. It was only the big 5 on 5 that counted. Wow, who the hell put that one together? You should have at least had it maybe come down to the respective champions of Owens and Styles to show who is the more dominant champion. But nope, we gotta show that Owens/Jericho are second fiddle always to Rollins/Reigns and the Shield bullshit. I guess The Wyatt's winning will play into The Undertaker stuff cause if anyone needs a rub from Taker its Orton.

I think I joked about Goldberg beating Brock in two minutes. I couldn't stop laughing. That was like the big bully football player who thinks hes hot shit getting his ass kicked by an even bigger football player.

Two good things are gonna come out of this. Goldberg might stick around and Brock Lesnar is going to just be a killing machine. Goldberg took his punk card and Brock's just gonna murder everyone until he gets it back.

Oh, after Roman killed Shane tonight I really hope they don't think Shane/Brock is a good idea. Shane might legit die vs. Brock. I suspect Vince might want that.

I'm not saying it was a MOTYC or anything but the main eventer elim match went 52 minutes without obviously dragging or ever not being enjoyable and that is a hell of a feat honestly. And beyond Shane dying, we should all appreciate that the bump AJ took over the top from Strowman was crazy reckless and while awesome, should never be repeated.

Rest of the show was fun even if I can't get why they wouldn't switch the CWs. Main event feels bonkers. If Goldberg is around for a couple and puts over Brock and/or Cena, I'll shine to it. If it's a one off or he pays back nothing, I'll hate it.

That said, the 1-2 minute delay between my Canadian TV feed and the streaming intl one never felt as significant. A friend from the US messaged me "This is about how I figured it would start." about thirty seconds into me processing the result of Brock/Goldberg.

Moment of panic beforehand too as they showed random programming instead of the preshow then started the preshow at 7...before switching to the live feed at 7:03 or so. Weird screwup.

I see a lot of people talked about how they 'wasted Brock' for this, or they 'wasted the streak' for this... but in hindsight, they killed this a year and a half ago.

They killed the streak, had Lesnar squash Cena, and his aura was at an all-time high. Then they didn't pull the trigger on Reigns at Mania the one time it felt like people were kinda coming around on him. At the time, it seemed OK, because it seemed like Lesnar was so hot he was bulletproof. But it's never, ever been the same since. Brock and Heyman have both devolved in caricatures of themselves and it's been diminishing returns.

Goldberg beating him didn't kill anything, because it's already been dead.

Both Pro Wrestling Sheet and Meltzer have confirmed what we already figured out - Goldberg has agreed to do Rumble and obviously additional dates leading up to the show

This was done because "of how well he got over"

I always enjoy that because (like Sting) Vince books the old guys like they are huge names but then is always shocked when people react well to them

I am trying to decide my favorite absurd Shane thing

Him - for the 2nd straight show - being the only one who can beat down Braun Strowman

or

After like 40 meetings of beatings (and laying around the apron forever) - Shane can suddenly dominate Rollins and Reigns at the same time

• Like 2