DVDVR Message Board

SURVIVOR SERIES 2016 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

2 minutes ago, Peck said:

I assume Randy went over to Shane's kid to let him know his dad was acting? Or ok? I figure if he was actually seriously hurt they'd get the family to the back.

Practically 100% that Shane was legit hurt there. You could see the glazed over concussion look in his eyes immediately. The botched count and the head impact on the replay confirmed that.

4 minutes ago, Cameron Swift said:

I noticed that at the time. Another thing to watch out for at the end of that match is JBL putting his head in his hands in the background after screaming "RAW WINS! RAW WINS!" when Smackdown won.

I totally missed that.  Seems appropriate since Matt Striker made the same fuck-up at Survivor Series six years ago.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, w. josh said:

Among all the other ugly stuff in the big multi, that might be the worst Rollins has ever looked in a WWE ring. Those halfhearted jogging forearms into the corner were both awful and plentiful. 

That was pretty weird.  If nothing else, Rollins can usually be counted on to work at a good pace.  Everyone else seemed to be into it, but Rollins appeared off.

3 minutes ago, piranesi said:

"Look, you're gonna have to be the man of the house now.  At least until I move in on your mom."

"Don't let Uncle Hunter dismiss your ideas about the business."

• Like 1

Mostly enjoyed the show despite the joke of a main event. A rematch has to be in the works otherwise it makes zero sense to kill the aura of danger from one of the very few attraction guys they have left.

The rest of the booking only reinforced the fact that everybody on the main roster is just a guy/girl, the titles are novelties, and the only name that really matters is that of the company. 

Sami/Miz was really fun. Tag team elimination match was a car wreck but still fun. Made far too obvious that New Day is in dgaf mode and only still around as a team to break demolitions record. 

Poor cruiserweights. Both guys in the match get attacked by a person not in the division and who was removed from the elimination match because in storyline he was supposed to be too injured to be on this show. 

The internet is imploding. Brock really jobbed to Goldberg in under two minutes?

In more unbelievable news, I heard that a match with Orton and Bray Wyatt in it wasn't PPV Poison.

So, Charlotte jumped Bayley.  Rippa will get that title match he wants.

Man I really enjoyed good chunks of the men's match.  The RKO on Braun leading to Shane's elbow leading to Ellsworth tugging on Braun's foot to get him eliminated leading to Braun killing Ellsworth was fantastic. 

Agreed on Usos vs. Cesaro and Sheamus also but I think eliminating American Alpha early was shitty. At least they got to do the Steiners finisher.

the women's match was weird as hell.  Some strange booking in that too.

Cruisers staying on RAW makes no sense.

If Goldberg is gone...  Build up Lesnar for 3 years and it ends like this? It can't end like this can it? 

Seeing a lot of takes of "why have Goldberg win if he's not going to wrestle again?" 

Pretty sure we can safely assume that that finish only gets booked because you're doing something down the line with him. 

Also, not that they'd do it, but regardless of a rematch with Brock having a heel kill Goldberg tomorrow could be good. Have Strowman come out and decimate him and then you've heated up a new monster. 

They won't do that, though. 

I'm guessing that RAW will have Stephanie chewing out Roman for being the last guy pinned for the SDL win and also hurting Shane (who in kayfabe she basically hates, but let's roll with it).  And since she put it on the table someone will get fired if they lose--Roman gets the boot.

If this results in Roman destroying half the roster on his way out in a fit of rage, I won't complain.

1 minute ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I'm guessing that RAW will have Stephanie chewing out Roman for being the last guy pinned for the SDL win and also hurting Shane (who in kayfabe she basically hates, but let's roll with it).  And since she put it on the table someone will get fired if they lose--Roman gets the boot.

If this results in Roman destroying half the roster on his way out in a fit of rage, I won't complain.

I'm almost willing to bet that was the direction they were going to go at one point.  Sami would have beaten Ziggler for the I-C title, Roman would have then taken the US title to Smackdown.  

2 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Then it gets resolved in 4 weeks or less because Roman is facing Kevin Owens for the title at Roadblock in December.

The question is, really, how much of this Goldberg response is nostalgia that's gonna wear quick?

I mean, I was done with Goldberg the last few years of his WCW run and his WWE run was no great shakes but he's been GREAT so far. 

I mean, shit...doesn't Cena vs Goldberg have some some serious intrigue for a 'mania?

I enjoyed most of it, But not as much as NXT Takeover the night before. They did to these cruisers what they did to the cruisers the first time around. Having the Heavyweights squash them whenever they need heat.

After the last few Lesnar squash PPV's I guess Karma finally caught up to Lesnar. More than likely another match up down the road. Where Goldberg really does get killed. Or unless they redirect Goldberg toward HHH.

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Then it gets resolved in 4 weeks or less because Roman is facing Kevin Owens for the title at Roadblock in December.

The HHH card comes into play.  Hunter calls Roman behind Stephanie's back, gets him rehired and decides to give Roman a Universal title match because HHH can't believe Owens would use a damn clipboard as a weapon. It's his first act as new co-commissioner.

I'm just spazzing, really.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around Goldberg-Lesnar.