DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

In the Newsweek interview that I think has been posted in a 41015955 places - HHH pretty much confirmed 205Live will be absorbed by NXT

The only thing unclear is how TV will be handled

The announcement basically suggests that they're done with taping it after Smackdown, and probably the name. I suspect they'll keep the title.

I actually think they should cut the weight to 190, a lot of the main roster are legitimately within touching distance of 205 anyway.

The most recent Botchamania had a clip from I guess last week where the crowd just didn't give a shit.  Not only that but they were chanting for a baby during a tag match that Gulak was in.  The bad news is that if  they announce the show's cancelled then it's for the best as shit like that just annoyed the tar out of me.  The good news though is that Gulak got them back into it by rocking Metallik like he was a baby.  So kudos to him for that one.

18 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Airing and presenting the show live after SmackDown in front of SmackDown crowds was always the show's biggest problem. If they aren't going to announce a change of venue/taping schedule, the announcement might as well be cancellation. 

I hate to see it cancelled as it was nice for them to be the focus of the show.  But considering they had NXT talents go up there for a show and vice versa if they were assimilated into NXT/cancel the show it might be for the best.  The extra hour can allow for them to be featured in front of a crowd that cares.  They'll also be able to match up against talents that don't have much going on in NXT.  So this could be a big win in the end, especially if the show does really well on USA.

I just hope that people don't consider the show a failure as they were screwed from the start.  Even if you didn't have it in Full Sail if they went to a smaller venue they could have knocked out a couple shows for tapings (La Boom in Queens would have been great for this)  But from what I've seen the talent put everything they had into the show and even if I feel guilty not watching it much I still appreciate them all.

• Like 1

I worry about the assimilation. NXT was already overstuffed with people they don't have time for. There are probably at least 25-30 people that they'd pay closer attention to before they'd bother to come up with anything for a Tony Nese or a Daivari. I'm not super high on either of those guys, but they've been working their asses off.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I worry about the assimilation. NXT was already overstuffed with people they don't have time for. There are probably at least 25-30 people that they'd pay closer attention to before they'd bother to come up with anything for a Tony Nese or a Daivari. I'm not super high on either of those guys, but they've been working their asses off.

When you put it that way it's hard to argue with it.  I'm at least hopeful that the extra hour leads to what I mentioned above but that's assuming they know what they're doing.  HHH seems like he knows what to do according to the conference call he did last week so we'll see.  If it was Vince in charge I'd fear the worst by now.

Per PwInsider

"The word making the rounds backstage at the Smackdown taping in San Francisco is that 205 Live will be shifted to Fridays at 10 PM on the WWE Network as of next week, Friday 10/4, so the plan is to still tape the series after Smackdown goes off the air.

Triple H recently noted in a Newsweek interview that 205 Live would now fall under the NXT umbrella.  We are told that behind the scenes, that is true as well as the series is now the responsibility of the NXT Creative Team."