DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

That Drake/Kanellis match was something else.  Given their respective storylines I was rooting for both of them but maybe a tad more for Mike.  But he got cocky and that allowed Drake to come back.  Really well-done match and while Mike didn't win I'm okay with them holding off on his redemption a little bit longer.  I also saw Lorcan/Daivari match and that was also a really fun one to watch.

13 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

Lorcan, Carrillo or Gable are the 3 top contenders for a Title shot. I think Lorcan is the most likely for Summerslam but any of those 3 against Gulak would be a hell of a match with time. 

Lorcan and Gable I get but Carrillo is way too new and uninteresting to make a good challenger just yet. On the other hand, a 4-way with these guys would be car crash fun and let Humberto show his stuff without having to get the crowd on his own.

Caught 2 of the last 4 episodes.

Oney/Ariya was nice though not quit eon the level as Dar/Neese from earlier in the year. 

Gable/Gallagher was fantastic. Loved that they managed to get the crowd a live for the finishing run. This would have been an easy MOTY if either guy still had the levels of the connection with the crowd they did at the heights of their popularity. Its kind of depressing realizing how WWE has kind of screwed up both.

The Drake/Kanellis stuff is wonderful. Its honestly kind of amazing how both can look like goofs on Monday only to crank up the serious to 10 so easily the next night on 205Live. Honestly feels like Kanellis would be a way bigger deal if he was only better in the ring. They really have me looking forward to their match. Hopefully I get to it in the next day or two.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Oney/Ariya was nice though not quit eon the level as Dar/Neese from earlier in the year. 

Yeah, but that match is the gold standard for the year. Even beyond the Gallagher-Gable stuff. 

I still can't believe a match that good came out of Nese of all people. Nese has to be the worst cruiserweight champion since they reintroduced the belt, right? Enzo was bad, but at least he had personality. Kendrick was the wrong choice for the moment, but at least he's Kendrick. Nese is just there and he's super athletic and has abs. That's it. 

Edit: For this gif alone, Enzo was a better champion than Nese and TJP combined. 

03c.gif 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

As much as I dug Dar/Neese I don't think its quite on the same level as the Gallagher/Gable matches, at least not the most recent one. That one will probably go in my top 10, maybe even top five for WWE this year when I update my list.

22 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

I'll take Nese over TJP any day. Now THAT was the wrong choice for the moment.

TJP was better in the ring and had actual personality. I mean he still shouldn't have been champ, but it was better than Neese who might be the weirdest combination of bland and flash ever.

Just finished up the last two episodes. Swerve/Gulak was a great and a way better showcase of Swerve than his tournament match in NXT was. Honestly it would be kind of dumb if they just don't go ahead and move Swerve to 205 already to build him up to dethrone Gulak. With the way he got over int hat match he could actually be something as long as he has a remotely decent character they can build in segments.

Kanellis/Drake was by far the best thing Kanellis has been involved in since joining WWE. I absolutely loved how big the crowd reacted when Drake finally made his big comeback. One thing I really like about this story is how the emasculation stuff Maria has done to Mike on Raw has been used. Its clear that its partial manipulation to push Mike over the edge on her part. I just wish they sold it like that on Raw. It would make it worth it if Mike snapped there and beat someone important there.

After this I might have to put 205 back onto my regular watch rotation. They've had a strong match going at least 4 weeks in a row now.

Edited by Eivion

18 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

You Should Wednesday Nights I watch 205 Live, NXT UK, and NXT all in a Row. 

I got back into 205 and UK for a bit and then the G1 happened.  Once it's done am looking forward to jump back in especially with Takeover UK around the corner.

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I got back into 205 and UK for a bit and then the G1 happened.  Once it's done am looking forward to jump back in especially with Takeover UK around the corner.

Remember to backtrack and catch Walter/Seven.

• Thanks 1