DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

Crowd definitely had more heat to it. The Cedric/Drew match was really solid and I feel bad... because that incredible Ricochet/Dunne match aired less than an hour later.

Never the less, the title match had some really great moments. Drew finally connecting off the top rope with a flying clothesline. Cedric hulking up and Drew telling him to bring on the chops. And finally, it ends with the Lumbar Check and Cedric retains. With Buddy Murphy on the horizon. Good luck, Ced!

Meanwhile, TJP finished his match with Lince Dorado with his best move to date, "Roll Up After Stealing His Opponent's Mask".

Lio Rush is going to push DM the GM too far one of these days. For now, they'll continue to snipe at each other on Twitter.

On 9/11/2018 at 8:19 PM, Peck said:

Has Meltz ever mentioned who "books" 205?  Is it H? Road Dogg? Surely it's not Vince.

I don't think Vince is aware that they have such a program. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

"Why are we taping all of these damn dark matches?!?"

"They're midgets pal! Where's Lord Littlebrook and Little Beaver?"

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Eivion said:

It was nice hearing a crowd that was actually interested in what was going on. Cedric/Gulak was good.

Because if anyone was hurt by the lack of heat from the crowd, it has been Cedric Alexander and his opponents. What got the crowd invested was not good matches and solid stories, but fucking spot fests and barn burners and only like a few guys on the active roster is capable of that: Ali, Murphy, Kalisto, Metallik, Dorado, and Alexander. The rest are technical guys or meticulous guys(which is why I am adamant that Gargano, Ciampa, Undisputed Era, and Ricochet should come to 205 Live for the sake of diversity at the very least. Gulak in front of a live crowd post-Smackdown does not get heat with anybody because his style is not about bursts. Gulak in front a pre-Smackdown crowd will. It helped TJP vs Lince as the entirety of TJP's WWE run could not even get a peep, but last night they gave a shit.

So yeah, this made the show better. Would have been match of the week if it weren't for Dunne/Ricochet and AJ Styles/Almas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kyuubi said:

Because if anyone was hurt by the lack of heat from the crowd, it has been Cedric Alexander and his opponents. What got the crowd invested was not good matches and solid stories, but fucking spot fests and barn burners and only like a few guys on the active roster is capable of that: Ali, Murphy, Kalisto, Metallik, Dorado, and Alexander. The rest are technical guys or meticulous guys(which is why I am adamant that Gargano, Ciampa, Undisputed Era, and Ricochet should come to 205 Live for the sake of diversity at the very least. Gulak in front of a live crowd post-Smackdown does not get heat with anybody because his style is not about bursts. Gulak in front a pre-Smackdown crowd will. It helped TJP vs Lince as the entirety of TJP's WWE run could not even get a peep, but last night they gave a shit.

So yeah, this made the show better. Would have been match of the week if it weren't for Dunne/Ricochet and AJ Styles/Almas.

Spot on assessment. When you have a match that can even be in the discussion with Almas/Styles and Dunne/Ricochet, you've done an excellent job. Taping 205 Live pre-SDL is the only way to go, the audience will pop for less-familiar figures while they're still fresh. Not so much after sitting through SDL and seeing all the familiar stars.  After SDL, the audience is drained and far less likely to get invested in 205 Live, doesn't matter how good the show is, the audience is tired and these are guys that they really don't know (though they should).  I doubt that the average WWE fan would recognize Buddy Murphy or Mustafa Ali if they sat down to join them for breakfast.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't watched a second of 205 live since Roderick Strong wasn't given the title and I can't stand Cedric.

Mike Kanellis is a guy I've been waiting for them to do SOMETHING with for over a year now, so they have my attention. Combined with finally getting the title on anyone else, I might have to give this show a chance if I hear anything good comes of it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That interview is the first time Mike has actually stood out from Maria. This 205Live run may end a way better fit for him.

To be fair, Maria was absolute gold pinching Spud's cheek and telling him he's so cute when he's angry.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

To be fair, Maria was absolute gold pinching Spud's cheek and telling him he's so cute when he's angry.

Oh she was. It just looks like it will be more of a proper partnership opposed to being so Maria focused like their short run before was.

Good follow up to Supershow. Lince and Lio was not what I thought I’d get out of the two but was solid nonetheless. If WWE can lie about Kanellis being 205(I doubt it but then again Murphy looks bigger), there is no reason why they can’t get Balor to join this roster. 

Buddy is going to be a McGregor type of Champion which is cool with his attitude because I was afraid they were going to turn him. 

And finally after a solid run as champ, some character building with Cedric. He has always been a great come up short wrestler because his reactions when he doesn’t get a pinfall are golden. They are going with the story of Cedric losing his mojo. 

I can tell Triple H is behinf this booking because he loves having two best friends as wrestlers and highlighting their friendship for a slow burn. He loves the payoff when the inevitable betrayal happens. Me thinks that he is projecting somewhat. 

Overall decent show. Good crowd. NXT was better. 

• Like 1

Balor will be getting paid too much to go on 205 Live, and they don't want to kill a merch seller.

Kanellis and Murphy are believable at 205. Being cut to hell makes them look like they weigh more than if they had the same muscle with higher bodyfat.

I am 205, but have 35lbs of body fat - if I was to take half of that body fat and exchange it for muscle then honestly I wouldn't look that much different. The difference between a decent shoulder peak and a totally sick one is not a ton of weight;.

I concur. That was great, Lio was definitely the standout though Cedric, Metalik, & Neese weren't too far behind. Its again nice to have crowds actually into the action. Might be the best reaction we have seen since the move.

• Like 2