DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

“It's funny how so many people mention opportunity, because it seems like opportunity is something that just hasn't quite seemed to find your way” is a pretty good case for scripted promos. (Unless this was one, though no one would write that sentence.)

1 hour ago, Beech27 said:

“It's funny how so many people mention opportunity, because it seems like opportunity is something that just hasn't quite seemed to find your way” is a pretty good case for scripted promos. (Unless this was one, though no one would write that sentence.)

It could be a case against scripted promos if it was a scripted line that was botched.

Ha, fair enough. In either case I guess it'd be a case for second takes on taped promos--although there's something to be said for getting used to "live" pressure. Anyway I'm being too pedantic. The match will be fun as hell.

I never gave a shit about Lio Rush in ROH. I don’t know whether it’s the new gimmick (which seems to suit him perfectly) or he’s improved in-ring in the past 2-3 years(or both?) but I’m really anxious to see what’s next for him. 

All-aboard the Drew Gulak neck-breaker bandwagon as well. Zero idea how that jobber is still alive.

It would be a great set up for the title match if Gulak does that to Ali after he wins the 4 way to add an extra wrinkle of Cedric defending the title while wanting revenge for his buddy and Gulak could center his game plan around using Cedric's angry to his advantage. 

On 7/18/2018 at 2:40 PM, Hail Sabin said:

It would be a great set up for the title match if Gulak does that to Ali after he wins the 4 way to add an extra wrinkle of Cedric defending the title while wanting revenge for his buddy and Gulak could center his game plan around using Cedric's angry to his advantage. 

Nah, I want Gulak to take the strap from Cedric and hold it briefly so Ali can avenge his buddy and become champ at the same time. I like Cedric, but I am all-in on Mustafa Ali.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2018 at 11:15 AM, OSJ said:

Nah, I want Gulak to take the strap from Cedric and hold it briefly so Ali can avenge his buddy and become champ at the same time. I like Cedric, but I am all-in on Mustafa Ali.

I think I like the story of Cedric becoming more and more arrogant with every match and coming across Mustafa after he already beaten him, and just fucking underestimating him. Cedric has been on a winning streak since November and you can see his little heelish mannerisms evolve with every match(constant shit talking, showboating with every match after Kalisto, and just being plain disrespectful like with Hideo).

I really liked the 4 way but would have liked it a lot more if instead of Ali and TJP being in the match, it was clones of Itami and Gulak also beating the shit out of each other.  Although I liked Gulak breaking up TJP and Itami's spat so they all could attack Ali and how just saying "Beat him up." was all it took. Also I love Gallagher for selling Gulak's hug after taking the senton bomb earlier.

Not much to see this week given the two feature matches both had guys fairly low on the totem pole in Nese and Kendrick, and Rush basically did the squash match he's done twice before.

Gulak may well get more cheers than Alexander at Summerslam. I would agree Alexander seems to be on a slow build heel turn, but I sort of feel this show is running out of steam with Cedric on top and they need to move on for the moment. 

A bit harsh, I just rewatched and he didn't do much - Rush was being disingenuous and it made sense for him to get schooled briefly. Why should a local guy that WWE use be useless, especially when you have a GM who in kayfabe terms is very dedicated to putting on great shows?

• Like 2

I am starting to hate these crowds. I was initially sympathetic because following a Smackdown is always going to be tough, but these crowds are intentionally being discourteous to the performers in the ring that guys like Mustafa who goes beyond the call to pull off these crazy ass stunts just for a few fucking golf claps. Like Mustafa vs Buddy III should have taken the lid off, but instead it was just like performing in front a Japanese crowd at old time Zero-1. WHat in the fuck?

Rush and Tozawa have pretty good chemistry together. Wonder where they'll go from here.

The poor guy that Itami beat the crap out of earned his paycheck.

Fantastic main event. Just your occasional reminder of just how good Gallagher is in the ring as he worked to try to grind down Alexander with really painful looking submission holds. I loved the rolling cravate. Cedric with the RKO outta nowhere... I mean, the Lumbar Check... wait, really? The Spanish Fly outta nowhere for the pin? All right then. And then Drew puts Cedric to sleep with the Gu-lock and stands tall to end the go-home show.