DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

I like Dar. He's good. His sleazy grimy persona is good, too. But yes, the feud with Cedric feels like it's been going on forever.

Regardless, that Cedric Alexander/Noam Dar I quit match from the recent 205 Live was freaking GREAT. Nice way to end their feud (assuming it's actually over). I'm glad these guys get a chance to show their stuff to a WWE audience, even if it's only on 205 Live.

Having internet issues this week but I finally got a chance to get caught up on this week's episode, and yeah, Cedric/Dar is really good and a fitting end to not only their feud but the pairing of Dar and ALICIA F*drops mic*.  The turnbuckle spot was pretty sweet.

I also really liked the Neville/Tozawa shenanigans.  It helps press the idea that Neville cannot stand the idea that anybody can beat him and continues to lead to a Summerslam rematch.

• Like 1

Ali and Gulak are both going to need a visit to the chiropractor after that match.  That was pretty wild.

I'm still trying to figure out the end game to this Daivari/Tozawa tiff.  I'm also trying to figure out who this program really helps.  If Daivari wins, he beats a man with an injured arm.  

Instead Tozawa wins... by cheating.  And then gets dropped by Daivari in retaliation.

Considering Daivari's not a well-known talent like folks like Tozawa and Cedric I appreciate them trying to make him stand out.  The salute to Iranian athletes is a good way to do that plus it get more heel heat for him.  Haven't seen the show yet but if he comes out of this feud better than before then I'd consider it a success.  As for the cheating and stuff I'm not too concerned about it considering they have time to kill in the feud.

• Like 2

It was sad watching Gulak and Ali drop themselves on their heads and generally try to kill themselves to almost complete silence.  I haven't been high on the "Move the show to Full Sail" bandwagon, but after last night, I think I'm behind it 100%.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

It was sad watching Gulak and Ali drop themselves on their heads and generally try to kill themselves to almost complete silence.  I haven't been high on the "Move the show to Full Sail" bandwagon, but after last night, I think I'm behind it 100%.

I feel like the show will be canceled before they try moving to Full Sail (I guess it's rumored that 205 will go the way of Talking Smack if ratings don't improve before the end of the year).

I watch the show, but everything about the way they present and advertise it screams "this is unimportant to me.".  They're not making the show itself important.  It's debatable whether they've done much to make the cruiserweight division in general important (aside from maybe Neville, probably not).

It's hard to be seen as important when you have stuff like Cedirc/Dar and their wacky yet pointless feud.  Him and Ali should hopefully be past their respective feuds and should just have a babyface fight for number one contender status.  If it makes it past this year (which I really hope they do) by then the characters have been established.  So at this point get them in more seemingly important feuds (feuding over title or contender status) or even create a secondary singles/tag belt for them to feud over.  There's many options they can go with, but they better act fast.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eivion said:

Ali/Gulak was great, but I wish they managed to drop themselves on their heads a whole hell of a lot less. That match showed me again why I both love and hate the reverse frankensteiner.

At the very least, tape 205 Live prior to SmackDown so they have a moderately hotter crowd to work in front of. 

Edit: Sorry. Intended to reply to @JonnyLaw and his remark about Full Sail.

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

I get a big smile on my face every time Tozawa hits it, as well.  It's a thing of beauty.

Pretty disposable show this week.  Not much to write home about except a continuation of the Neville/Tozawa/Daivari issue with Daivari picking up a countout win against the King of the Cruiserweights, the WWE writers utilizing Photoshop to the usual HIGH-LARIOUS results, and a decent tag team main event.

I present you with 205 Live in a microcosm: Tony Nese vs Gran Metalik.  Metalik looked great, had a prematch promo, got the crowd buzzing with his high flying moves (including a gorgeous Asai moonsault that required perfect timing), and then... eats a running knee and gets pinned.  *fart noise*

Mean Jack Gallagher was fun.

Tozawa and Daivari had a pretty good match that ended with Tozawa winning and going on to face Neville at The Summerfest.  Tozawa chanting with the kids as he left the ring was cool.

Eh. Nese also got a pre-match promo, 2 if you count him talking himself up on the stage. I agree that the crowd reacted better to Metalik and he should have won but it wasn't as if Nese just walked out there and beat him. Plus the match was decent. Tozawa-Daivari was also quite good.

Crowd wasn't completely silent this week, bully for you Cleveland. 

It's a shame most people seem to have written 205 Live off, as it's turning into a nifty little show.  

If they do cancel this soon, I'd have the Cruiser Division get sent to NXT in the next superstar shakeup and give their hour on the Network to NXT, which probably needs it at this point.

As for the cruiser segments on RAW, give one to the tag teams, and use one as some sort of weekly "Network Spotlight" match, featuring NXT guys/women, UK guys, etc...

Fun show this week.  I like the evolution of Jack Gallagher from gentleman to ruffian.  Apparently he's trying to steal Pete Dunne's schtick as well...

Couple of pretty good matches as well with Nese/Cedric and Swann/TJP.  Heel Neville continues to be the best thing on the show, slighted that his old friend Corey Graves would interview Tozawa instead of THE CHAMP.

• 2 weeks later...

If they keep checking names off the list of guys I want to see, I'll keep watching.  This week, Cedric and Gran Metalik took on Nese and Gulak in a HOLLA HOLLA tag team match.  Apparently, somebody decided that they should use Metalik more often, as he also made an appearance on Main Event teaming with Lince Dorado.  Mustafa Ali also makes his first appearance in a while against paranoid Brian Kendrick.

Neville is the real deal, once again.  First off, staring down a couple of the guys in the locker room who were shit talking about him losing the belt without knowing he was there, Dar and Daivari.  Then he interrupts the rather touching championship celebration of Tozawa by threatening to end him at Summerslam.  Not his title reign.  Him.

He also is totally committed to the gimmick, looking unhinged... like he hadn't slept since losing the title.  Brilliant stuff.

I love seeing Cedric and Gran Metalik as a tag team, just a fun pair.  They beat Nese and Gulak again and looked great doing so.

Next week: Kendrick/Gallagher in a no-DQ match.  There was supposed to be a gentleman's duel tonight but Kendrick sent a clown out in his stead, then jumped Gallagher from behind and put him through a table.

And finally, Neville defeats Tozawa in a hard fought match to retain his title.  He cuts a promo afterwards... and HERE'S ENZO (much to the disdain of Corey Graves).  He cuts his promo, dances to the ring, and Neville disrespects him by just walking out on him.  Beautiful.

To be honest, Neville's always been like that.  He was dwarfed by guys like Cena and Cody on Raw.

I wrote the first post pretty quickly because SHAKEUP, but I thought the title match was pretty fantastic and a good example of why Neville and Tozawa have been my favorites in the division for a while.  They did the "familiar enemies" thing where they started anticipating moves and showing each other respect in situations.  Just great stuff.  I hope Tozawa and Titus WORLD WIIIIIDE don't get lost now that his time at the top is over.

I was hoping that Gallagher's assaults on Kendrick would continue, but tonight was fine. Looking forward to next week's match.

Tozawa/Neville was great, and I'm disappointed Tozawa isn't champ. The aftermath with Enzo arriving was pretty much perfect. not a big fan of Enzo, but I don't really hate him either and a feud with Neville can be fun even if the matches aren't anything special. I'm curious how Enzo will adapt working as cruiserweight since he is usually against guys bigger than him. I think he might be the biggest guy in the division.