DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

Austin Aries paying homage to Gorilla and the Brain, with a Rosati sisters reference. Further proof that he is the greatest man that ever lived. Whenever Austin's in ring career is over, he'd be a phenomenal announcer.

...and that Zach Gowan line. Aries just keeps on giving.

That was another really good episode I thought.  A nice conclusion.  Main event was very well done and they've setup TJP as this douchebag tweener for now which will work wonders for him.  Kendrick and Swann continue to be amazing.

The first couple matches were also well done.  I want Cedric to go far but this isn't done yet. Maybe he's too focused on Alicia Fox and not enough on his dangerous opponent Noam Dar.  I've never liked Dar but a focused Dar on working over the arm was the best Dar.

I'm not sure about having Daivari go over Jacky Boy.  I think Daivari's ceiling is a solid jobber. That said, it was setup from RAW where Jack was hurt going in and Daivari exploited it. 

Video packages for the coming attractions were cool.

In two weeks 205 Live has done more for this division than months of RAW.

• Like 1

I don't mind Daivari winning. He took advantage of Gallagher's injury. I think it's too early for anyone to be established as just being a jobber of the division. Jack will obviously get the win back, and win the feud. 

I wonder how soon before Vince finds out he has both Daivari and Mustafa Ali on his roster and packages them as a terrorist tag team.

I'm looking foward to the three way feud with Swann, TJP, and Kendrick.

I'm loving Mauro, Aries, and Corey on commentary

Cedric/Dar was good with Dar's focused arm work. Gallagher/Daivari was decent. Not really fond of Daivari, but his iwn at leats made sense building off of Monday. Swann/Kendrick delivered again, and what they were doing with TJP being a bit more of tweener.

I'm begging for somebody to come to their senses and put this show on at 7.  Just have a tape delay and you can still air it at 10, just with a better crowd.  It didn't help that the crowd in general, even on SD, was pretty quiet.  But they still managed to get some reaction and it worked out with the CW title match anyway.  I'm still very positive on the show and look forward to see how it fares over time.

I loved all three matches.  Dar gets a lot of flack, but having only seen him in CWC I thought this was his best outing yet.  He did some pretty good arm work, as did Daivari who had a pretty good match with Gallagher.  I have no issues with them establishing Daivari as a ruthless guy and he had a great showing as well.  The main event was awesome, they got me on the Captain's Hook near-finish.  I wish the crowd was more into it to add to the drama but whatever.  Post match was pretty great also, can't wait to see the triple threat they'll eventually have.

When Austin Aries said that all of Cedric's ex-girlfriends looked like the Rosati Sisters, I was curious and looked it up.

hqdefault.jpg

I am dying.

Not cool with Cedric taking an L to Noam Dar. Fucking dweeb. Alicia FAAWWWWKS. Good match overall and I guess they are telling the story that they are distracting each other(Alicia and Cedric).

Show was great. Rich Swann and Kendrick had the best match of the show.

• Like 1

I wasn't thrilled with Cedric losing to Dar. Dar has negative charisma and a name that sounds like something you'd mutter after Negan bashed your brains in.

NO-AM-DARRRRRRRR

Cedric doesn't have the best personality yet, but I think he has the highest ceiling out of everyone and he's losing to fucking Noam Dar.

Rest of the show was alright and the main event was the shit at least. Things are going to really heat up once Tozawa and Metalik are added to the mix.

4 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

When Austin Aries said that all of Cedric's ex-girlfriends looked like the Rosati Sisters, I was curious and looked it up.

hqdefault.jpg

I am dying.

Not cool with Cedric taking an L to Noam Dar. Fucking dweeb. Alicia FAAWWWWKS. Good match overall and I guess they are telling the story that they are distracting each other(Alicia and Cedric).

Show was great. Rich Swann and Kendrick had the best match of the show.

The Rosati sisters were frequently mentioned by Heenan and Monsoon on Prime Time Wrestling. I believe they even appeared as guests of Gorilla Monsoon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Rosati sisters were frequently mentioned by Heenan and Monsoon on Prime Time Wrestling. I believe they even appeared as guests of Gorilla Monsoon.

At least one was a ring girl on some 1993 Raw episodes as well. 

GIF.gif

I am personally hoping they start switching to taping before Smackdown just because the crowds have been worn out by main event guys before this show starts and I don't think any of the matches they've started out with have blown the doors off.

I'm a little disappointed that both Cedric and Jack lost this week.  While the Dar match was better than some of his previous outings, I just don't see what's special about him.  I think Cedric could be a guy to build around.  Jack's another guy who I think has a high upside, while at least they built up Daivari injuring him on Monday, but he's a guy they haven't done anything with, had Jack dropped a fall to Gulak or Nese who they seem to have invested more time in, it just seems to put Jack lower in the pecking order.

Is it bad that I already don't care about this show? Obviously talent isn't the problem, but the atmosphere and writing have been pretty dull so far.

The atmosphere has been discussed a lot, but it can't be said enough: What the hell were they thinking putting this show on after SD? The dead silence, people obviously leaving throughout despite the obnoxious amount of close-ups because they can't use wide shots, the fans you can see on their phones or looking like they're about to fall asleep... That would make any show hard to watch. With a little token applause for big spots or nearfalls, it's pretty much a Japanese indy crowd. There's no reason this show shouldn't be at Full Sail.

The writing looks to be a big problem too. It's basically just what they were already doing on Raw stretched out to an hour. The fact that the first two shows featured two re-matches (and one of those pairings even had a third match on Raw in between) should be a clear indicator someone's mailing it in. The video packages don't really set anyone apart since they're all some variation of "I've worked hard to get here now I'm ready to prove I'm the best," and no one has had much real character development as a part of the actual show save for maybe TJ's guest commentary stint. While this happened on Raw, since I'm sure the same people are writing it, this example of lazy writing is worth mentioning: Jack Gallagher gets his standard video package in which he says his finisher is a heel hook. They show a clip of him applying said move in a match that he lost (so no tapout visual), then in his very next match he wins with a running dropkick, which he has also won other WWE matches with. Like is anyone even pretending to pay attention to the way these guys have been wrestling the past few weeks?

I can't see this show lasting long in its current format, nor should it. They're wasting some quality talent that would've been better off adding depth to NXT or SD.

• Like 1

I thought this was a really great episode. Dar had his best showing in WWE, more Jack Gallagher on my TV, and Kendrick put on one of his all time best performances. Swann didn't add tons to that match, but Kendrick put on a straight clinic. I think they really messed up by feeling the need to put a title change on the first episode, as it really needs to be Kendrick's belt with strong babyfaces chasing him. Anyway, Phil and I wrote it up:

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2016/12/205-live-12616.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Hopefully, HHH puts the kibosh on any gimmicks or angles that have Daivairi and Ali as ISIS members.

Isn't Ali a cop?  Maybe that's the way they can make him a heel, he's a police officer, not a terrorist. 

On 12/10/2016 at 7:21 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Hopefully, HHH puts the kibosh on any gimmicks or angles that have Daivairi and Ali as ISIS members.

A bomb scare angle would at least explain the lack of crowd.

Or Sheik Tugboat invades and says that he's taking 205 Live fans hostage every week until WWE agrees to rebrand the show as 305 Live.

• Like 2