DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

19 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

Don't anyone tell @Tromatagon that TJ Perkins used Pentagon's arm break hold as a nothing move 45 seconds into the 6-man tag match. 

I still remember the few time(s) that Becky used that on Smackdown.  Somebody posted a gif on her Twitter and it was practically all "Cero Miedo!" in the responses.

22 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

Don't anyone tell @Tromatagon that TJ Perkins used Pentagon's arm break hold as a nothing move 45 seconds into the 6-man tag match. 

It's okay because the only reason TJ is there is because he totally fucking blew his Lucha Underground dark match against Pentagon in the first place.

Everyone wins.  TJ gets to be a WWE guy, masochistic fans get to watch him wrestle, and TJ Perkins isn't stinking up any of the promotions *I* watch

• Like 3

TJ Perkins looks the part and wrestles good but he needs some way to connect better with the fans. He should sit down with some veterans like Jerry Lawler and Finlay and Booker T and plan out a new gimmick. He should also be a heel not a face.

Also Tozawa looked like an ass-kicker in his sleeve-less Tapout shirt. Kendrick looked great in his Jacket too. I wonder if he still has the white and red "The Brian Kendrick" jacket. That one was nice.

Good promo by A Double interviewing himself to start and Neville pointing out that the locker room doesn't approve of him trying to jump in line for a title match.  A decent tag match between Swann/Gallagher and Dar/Daivari.  The continuation of the Tozawa/Kendrick festivities that featured Tozawa beating the hell out of BRYAN Kendrick in a match (talk about a jump in logic).  And finally, the in-ring return of Austin Aries against Tony Nese.  Back and forth match.  Aries looked a bit rusty at times but he is just coming back from a long layoff.  I'm so disappointed that Mauro and Graves missed the call when Aries put his thumb in Nese's eye.

So is it going to be another elimination match next week for the Wrestlemania cruiserweight title match?  That'd be a nice bit of storytelling, if everybody takes time out to pound Aries like he was Flair in the '92 Royal Rumble.

On 03/03/2017 at 1:56 AM, Matt788 said:

TJ Perkins looks the part and wrestles good but he needs some way to connect better with the fans. He should sit down with some veterans like Jerry Lawler and Finlay and Booker T and plan out a new gimmick. He should also be a heel not a face.

40fef46945fa79e861e08281b5e777cf.jpg

tj-perkins-mask-20151005.jpg

• Like 2

As much as I want Gulak to have an 80's detective gimmick, it seems like his promo tonight might be leading to rehashing a gimmick from the Dub

• Like 3

Good promo from Neville to start but I was sorely disappointed that Mustafa Ali interrupting him with his entrance didn't cause a beatdown during or after the match.  Maybe they're setting up a mini-feud heading into Wrestlemania?  Curious to see where Drew Gulak's postmatch promo leads.

Funny promo between Dar and Daivari before the tag match.  The tag match was inoffensive.  Best part was Swann and Gallagher dancing, that should tell how memorable the rest of the segment was.

The five-way had some really fun moments but something really dragged me down: the Running Nese to Aries through the barricade.  Fantastic looking moment but it never really seemed to matter in the match.  Other than that, we got a continuation of the Kendrick/Tozawa issue with Kendrick attacking him every chance he got and costing him the title shot.  It kind of looked like they were really setting something up for the future with TJP and Aries with the times they squared off.  Aries goes on to THE ULTIMATE THRILL RIDE (am I doing this right?) and it potentially could lead to another show-stealing match at Wrestlemania.

The running knee put Aries out for a good while, yeah he wasn't particularly selling it by the end - but he is A DOUBLE and I think that's broadly ok.

Thought it was a great show. I dunno, I enjoy watching some of the best cruiserweightsin the world working 'E' style - I guess people are hard to please these days. 

I thought it was a good show too and has been for a while.  If they don't introduce tag titles soon, I think a top ten rankings would be a good addition to the show.  That way it would add a little something to the same seven or so guys always wrestling each other.  

• Like 2

Nese and Perkins have a competitive match, Tozawa throws the fastest German suplex I've ever seen, and Neville gets cocky against Mustafa Ali but winds up victorious in a really good match.

I now want an episode of Ride Along with Jack Gallagher and Rich Swann.  Nice little shade there by Ariya Daivari thrown at TJP.

I really enjoyed the main event even if it was a semi-squash. Neville has nailed his character since returning and he's become one of the better heels in WWE these days. Ali has some real ability, hope he gets a push before crippling himself.

I still feel it's borderline criminal they haven't given Cedric the title or gone anywhere near it.  That said Ali has really stepped it up and would make for one helluva title contender.  It's a very welcome development seeing a relative unknown establish himself in this way and man was that match wonderful.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Cedric's out with an injury right now, I believe.

Didn't know that, thanks.  But while that explains now even though I kind of dug the Cedric/Dar feud they should have taken advantage of his CWC run from the start.  They had a helluva opportunity to make him the up-and-comer that eventually takes the title, but went with the Dar feud instead.  I'm hoping when he returns they know to have him in title contention.  A Summerslam title match would be pretty awesome.

The crowd was into the Tozawa/Kendrick match which was a damn good match until the garbage finish, yet another Tozawa loss (seriously?) and a sign that this feud... WILL CONTINUE.  That went over like a fart in church.  

The promo to end the show with Aries and Neville got them back, though.  Neville comes out spitting fire saying that 205 Live is nothing without him.  Aries comes out and instead of being insulting, chips away at his massive ego and Neville starts to visibly doubt himself.  Before he has the Villainous BSOD, Neville jumps Aries,  Aries fights him off and... here we are.

All in all, another good show.  Ali walking out on Drew Gulak's pitch made me chuckle.

Oh and "You're not sliding into the DMs of Alicia Fox, are ya Tom?".  I lost it, I swear.

56 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

Oney Lorcan has had some really good showings in NXT and on the main roster. You'd never think he'd be a fit for WWE yet he has this weird charisma and energy about him that just works.

Dude doesn't look less than 205 but his wiki states 190. He's very lean but quite tall for a cruiser (6'1") and he's got a big upper body. I loved Biff for his intensity and the wildness about his movements. There is little grace in his tope con giro but it looks amazing just the same, it's as if he's out of control. He wrestles to his personality and character so well, so I'm not all that surprised he's slowly but surely finding success in WWE. 

• Like 2