DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

26 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Wrestlers love Chipotle. If you looked at a pie chart of where Chipotle's revenue comes from, a huge part of it would be wrestlers.

My co-worker eats there pretty much all five days of the work week.  it's definitely a wrestler thing, but he would give them some competition in that department.

I am beyond excited that Gallagher will be part of #205Live.  My only hope is that he's in a match when they eventually do a Smackdown TV taping here.

• 2 weeks later...

605 Report Card:

- have no fear fans, Ho Ho is still on the 205 roster!  Let's fly in everyone to wave to the crowd.

- oofa, this going "Live" i don't see lasting long.  Crowd is spent from 2 hours of smackdown. it looks like the crowd really cleared out, opening match you could see people milling around on the concourse on one camera angle.  Tweet online of the crowd:

- Bollywood Boys vs. Gulak/Nese was ok wrestling, but the Boys were really trying to get the crowd into it and it didn't seem like they were buying in.  That live mic work by Nese and Gulak... oofa.  That being said, the personality promos have been very good.

- Jack Gallagher and Daivari was very good.  It seemed like Jack really won over the crowd that remained in the building and seems like he could be a guy they will invest in.

- Kendrick vs. Swann was very fun, crowd seemed hyped.  Great post match interview by Swann.  Great post match interview by Swann.  

The opener wasn't bad from a wrestling standpoint but the crowd was absolutely dead.  Glad they actually gave Gulak and Nese some time to cut promos and show some actual personality.

Gallagher looked like a big deal here.  If he gets showcased more on a larger scale he's going to have a great future.

The main event was a great match. It would have been a hell of a lot better if they'd done the logical thing and put the CW division on Smackdown so this could have been at TLC in front of a hot crowd.

I hope Austin Aries is a regular on commentary while he's out injured. 

I was surprised at the Bollywood Boyz getting the win over Nese & Gulak. I really didn't expect the Bollywood Boyz to get picked up after their not-so-great CWC performances.

I loved the Swann/Kendrick match plus the post match promo. Swann is a great feel good story. 

We all expected the crowd to be dead after 3 or 4 hours... I don't fault The Bollywood Boys vs Gula & Nese for that cold open as they put on a nice match.

Gallagher is so damn fun. His Human Windsor is a total transition spot to piss off his opponent to go on offense. it's a shame Daivari II doesn't have an offense.

Swann vs Kendrick was great. it reminded me a lot of a Bret Hart IYH Main Event match. the crowd also reminded me of that during the main. The two combatants got to tell a story and it was like old school wrestling again. I absolutely digged it.

It might make me a bad person, but I lost it when Aries called the Bollywood Boys "Herp and Derp."

What irks me most about the Bollywood Boys, I mean beyond the fact that they are shit wrestlers, is that one of them clearly cannot dance.  At all.

• Like 4

Speaking of Neville, without googling I honestly don't know which show he's on, surely it'd make sense to put him and some more established names like Kalisto into the mix to break up some of the apathetic reactions we've had so far during the cruiser matches.

Why the hell wasn't Cedric on the show? 

The bollywood boyz are booty.

Jack's shtick is just aces and he's going to be a huge deal, a true performance artist. 

Kendrick taking a freakin' bump on his head for a back suplex was dumb but the match was awesome, what made the CWC so special at times was the neat touches at the end of the shows, whether it was the Bryan/Kendrick embrace or Cedric getting signed on the spot by trips', it was cool they gave Swann the floor to pay tribute there.

Good show. 

Was I the only one who found it weird that they were kind of pretending the CWC didn't happen? Graves kept talking about the guys debuting, and they kept doing introduction videos for all the guys I imagine most of the viewers have already been introduced to. Are there really that many people who are watching this, but didn't watch the CWC?

36 minutes ago, Rick said:

Why the hell wasn't Cedric on the show?.  

The bollywood boyz are booty.

I guess they decided to keep Cedric in NXT. Probably not a terrible idea, considering the dearth of babyfaces they have right now.  I love Tye, but when he's the #2 babyface...

Herp and Derp are a shittier version of the Young Bucks.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, EVA said:

Swann winning the title now begs the question why they didn't just make him the "safety" option in the CWC Final Four to begin with.  TJP came out of his bracket.

I don't think WWE knew what they had when they made that bracket.  Swann was basically a jobber, I'm not sure he had even a WWE win on TV at that point.  Hell, Cedric was such a nothing, he was one of the few guys who didn't even get a hype video on the CWC preshow.  And had they known how awesome Kendrick was going to be, he would have been an easy final four.  In retrospect, since Ibushi wasn't going to sign, Kendrick/Swann should have been the semi, and the winner should have knocked off Metallik.

Really happy for Rich Swann.  It's pretty nuts he went from "Whoa, he's in WWE" to "Whoa, he's the cruiserweight champ" in less than a year.  The Kendrick rematches should be fun and especially the Perkins matches when TJ hopefully turns heel out of jealousy.