DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't really been watching this show latley but caught up with the last 2 weeks. Good to see Breeze on the show. He had a good match with Garza on this week's episode. Of course the boring Nese, Davari and Kendrick are still around. But Oney returned this week so there is hope.

• 3 weeks later...

205 Live exists in a weird space where the roster is still broadly self-contained (only really Rush, and Devlin, appears on NXT at the moment), but you kind of know that all the important matches are going to be shown on 205 Live.

Breeze actually volunteered for 205 Live - it was mentioned on his recent Van Vliet interview. But whether we'll see him on the regular I'm not sure. Mike Kanellis of all people just reappeared.

I am sure Kendrick reminds everyone weekly - "5 years ago, we'd all likely be wrestling infront of 200 people for no money.....and that includes you Aidan!"

HHH and Cody have got a lot of people paid.

YCUDlFW.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Watching stuff that's been suggested around the web and the main from the 2/21 episode is up: Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch vs. The Brian Kendrick & Ariya Daivari. Holy hell, this was fun. Basically, this was a modern version of the Attitude-era MAIN EVENT BRAWL™. It's a shame it was in front of a crowd that really couldn't be bothered to care, at least at first. As the match went on, they drew a portion of the crowd in and we finally get a "THIS IS AWESOME" chant from them. In a just world, this would have lit the entire arena up as it was full of good action. Commentary had an amazing bit of back and forth too:

• Not-Aiden English: Speaking of breaking things, is there any truth to the rumor that Oney Lorcan destroyed the park bench he slept under last night?
  • Aiden English: Yeah, he was mad. He wanted to wear his blue jeans to this match but they got stolen out of the Costco bag he uses to carry his gear in.

I literally woke my roommate up laughing after that. Then clear as day after a DVD through a table you can hear a small child yell "Come on guys, get up!" PRO WRESTLING IS GREAT! Kendrick goads Lorcan with "I'm the last damn cowboy, buckaroo!" and gets some stiff ass chops and a great European uppercut to drive him outside in response. Eventually he gets a Blockbuster while seated in a chair that looks awesome. Lorcan does a crazy dive over the top and pops up right away. He's such a nut. My only real complaint is the use of duct tape, something I'm just not a fan of in matches. Two implant DDTs finish it, with the first looking crazy stiff on the announcer's table and the second in the ring to cap off a hate-filled brawl. The other main roster guys could really stand to watch this and figure out how a blood feud (without blood in this era) should be settled. Match went nearly 15 minutes and never felt long. Aiden English sums up my feelings nicely at the end with "This was exactly what I wanted to see and what I expected to see." Go out of your way to watch this match. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

They announced the format of the Cruiserweight Title tournament and it is basically a mini G1

Now, the format for that tournament has been revealed. WWE.com has confirmed the following:

-Eight Superstars will be split into two groups of four.

-Superstars will compete against each of the three other members of their group.

-The Superstar with the best record in each group will advance to the championship match.

-Any ties will be broken by head-to-head record.

-The winner of Group A will face the winner of Group B to determine the new Interim NXT Cruiserweight Champion.

Participants announced tomorrow

• Like 2

Thesedays only time ppl care about 205 is when they're running tournaments (we used to care about the gimmick matches, but that ship has sailed).

They should basically just run tournaments. They could do a tournament of 4 ways, a tag/trios tourney.....there are lots of things they could do.

You can have some grudge matches come out of those things obviously, but they should go largely sport-based feel.

• 3 weeks later...

I will admit to not checking what the Singh Bros. picked last week.

This week Oney picks:

Malenko vs Ultimo Dragon (I guess they're not being political here, given Malenko is an AEW producer)

Team 1-2 vs Ariya Daivari/Kendrick - Street Fight

(Singh Bros picks last week: Hart/Michaels Ironman (extended highlights shown), Singh Bros vs Lucha House Party)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2020 at 9:04 AM, RunningFromAmerica said:

Er they showed Hogan vs Warrior on 205 Live.

And Kendrick/Ibushi from the Cruiserweight Classic.

Not sure which is stranger.

They ran a couple of episodes where the wrestlers picked their favorite match and they aired them, which was how Hogan/Warrior showed up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Having to tape everything at the PC probably has really helped out #205Live. Shorter shows, more cohesion with what is going on NXT, and using an overall smaller roster pool. Plus it's the one show that actually has a crowd more into things than the old live crowds. 

• 4 months later...