DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

11 hours ago, Peck said:

Can we finally mention how Aiden English's weekly lusting over Humberto Carrillo is just as bad as anything Corey Graves does?

It's pretty bad.

Crowd got surprisingly into Garza vs Carrillo, but I think it fell apart a bit near the end. 

I've noticed that finishers seem to be getting toned down in WWE recently - Ricochet seems to favour the Recoil, Ali moved to the straight 450, Humberto stopped doing the Twister. Not sure I really like the Aztec Press.

1 hour ago, ComingToAmerica said:

It's pretty bad.

Crowd got surprisingly into Garza vs Carrillo, but I think it fell apart a bit near the end. 

I've noticed that finishers seem to be getting toned down in WWE recently - Ricochet seems to favour the Recoil, Ali moved to the straight 450, Humberto stopped doing the Twister. Not sure I really like the Aztec Press.

TBF, he almost crushed Bryan's skull with the 054 that one time. No need for the added difficulty... it's not like you're trying to impress the Russian judge.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Peck said:

Can we finally mention how Aiden English's weekly lusting over Humberto Carrillo is just as bad as anything Corey Graves does?

It is pretty bad and going off last night I'd say it was worse than Corey.  But to be fair that match did have two incredibly handsome men.  But the match itself was good though I sensed they were holding back a bit.  I can see a rematch where it's more of a wild sprint and it being better.  I also liked the main event which established Burch from the start.  So they're set as far as a tag team though if he had singles matches I'm sure he'd shine in them as well.

Considering I wasn't looking online at the time it is nice that they didn't announce the show ending or anything like that.  With the supposed announcement I expected doom and gloom.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

On 9/25/2019 at 1:19 AM, CSC said:

Odd that they wouldn’t announce when next weeks show is going to be on this weeks show.

Makes me think they still have no clue what they’re going to do.  

They officially announced today that it will air Friday, live on the Network at 10 pm

Meltzer says that is just temporary as they are still trying to decide what to do with the show

WWE has made an official announcement regarding the status of 205 Live.

With SmackDown shifting to Fridays on FOX, 205 Live will also make the move to Fridays and air live on the WWE Network at 10 p.m. Eastern time: "Beginning this Friday, Oct. 4, The Most Exciting Hour on Television is moving to Friday nights. As part of WWE Premiere Week, the home of the Cruiserweights -- WWE 205 Live -- is moving to Fridays at 10/9 C, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network."

Dave Meltzer reported on 205 Live moving to Fridays in the most recent edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter: "With SmackDown tapings on Fridays, the temporary plan for 205 Live is to tape at 10 p.m. Eastern each week and air live on the WWE Network on Fridays. We were told this was only temporary. As noted before, there were many different ideas suggested for 205 Live, including eliminating the show completely. No final decision has been made, so this is really just a temporary fix until that decision is made."

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/205-live-moving-fridays-wwe-network-293631?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

On 9/24/2019 at 8:52 PM, Peck said:

Sure. But Corey's voice is still all over their product, so he gets a bigger "fuck off" from me. 

I've got to get caught up on this show. I checked out for few weeks, and had no idea they ran Humberto vs Garza. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

21 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Sure. But Corey's voice is still all over their product, so he gets a bigger "fuck off" from me. 

I've got to get caught up on this show. I checked out for few weeks, and had no idea they ran Humberto vs Garza. 

I think it's safe to say the real winners were the women in the crowd (and Aiden but let's not focus on that)  Was a good match though I sensed they have better ones in them.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-no-longer-airing-new-episode-205-live-tonight-294026

A new episode of 205 Live won't be airing on the WWE Network tonight after all.

Post Wrestling's John Pollock reported that a call was made to air a repeat episode of 205 Live tonight: "I’ve been told by multiple people that a call was made to air a repeat of 205 Live tonight instead of taping a new show after Smackdown in Los Angeles. They had previously announced two matches for 205 Live and it was described to me as a 'late call'."

WWE had announced that 205 Live would be moving to airing live on the WWE Network at 10 p.m. Eastern time on Fridays starting this week. Earlier today, Tony Nese vs. Humberto Carrillo and Akira Tozawa vs. Brian Kendrick had been announced for the episode that was supposed to take place tonight.

WWE.com has removed the preview for this week's 205 Live and the announcements of Nese vs. Carrillo and Tozawa vs. Kendrick. The WWE Network schedule also no longer lists a new 205 Live episode for tonight. Last week's 205 Live will air at 9 p.m. Eastern, with the NXT episode from this Wednesday airing at 10 p.m. Eastern.

It's true that this was no Ali special, but Mike Kanellis and Kendrick formed a partnership which I assume they will take to NXT. Fuck knows if they are going anywhere with the Maria angle anyway.

There was also a package for Shane Strickland.

No mention of Carrillo and Gulak being in the draft pools but not being picked on the night - I am assuming noone knows what the fuck is going on with the draft at this point anyway.

Edited by ComingToAmerica

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Smackdown is in England so guess the 205 guys arent making the trip

Weren't they billing 205 as featuring the NXT UK guys this week? Or am I completely misremembering that? If so, guess that idea got scrapped.

6 hours ago, Peck said:

Weren't they billing 205 as featuring the NXT UK guys this week? Or am I completely misremembering that? If so, guess that idea got scrapped.

Yep they did say that last week and I was looking forward to it. Just another time they have announced something for 205live to completely change it. At least this time they didn't do it on the same day. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lio Rush has really stepped it up for this show. Last week's match with Raul Mendoza and this week's tag match vs Nese and Davari were both pretty good. The addition of Swerve,Garza and Mendoza have helped a lot too. With Oney and Kendrick gone, I'm guessing they will add more NXT people. Also, going from last week's show in Full sail to this week back on the road really makes me wish they go back to Full sail. I thought it worked well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...