DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

Slightly off-topic: I'm a bit concerned Bugez is going to get rushed to TV before he's ready, hopefully there's a worker bee he can tag with. It could be Shane Thorne' best option unless he fancies cutting 20 lbs and going on 205 Live.

But on-topic: is 205 Live not at risk if they do a 2 hour NXT? I mean they're probably not going to cut another WWE Network show immediately, but it's going  to presumably receive less attention than ever.

6 hours ago, D.Z said:

205 might get the axe.

Just the Ax, not the Smash?

I read about it. It sucks. I wonder if the cruiserweight division would be dropped or if it becomes part of nxt.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

There's a chance that Vince just discovered the program's existence, started asking people when the midget wrestling show was added to the Network, and it sorta went on from there.

205 Live was a fun, interesting ride while it lasted and thankfully it seems like worthy competitors are getting a chance to graduate to the regular roster.

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Just the Ax, not the Smash?

I read about it. It sucks. I wonder if the cruiserweight division would be dropped or if it becomes part of nxt.

They will probably send them all to main brands. Guess the CW title might be retired or dual branded.

But anyway this is all "might be".

3 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Another great match on 205 Live last night. Shame it wasn't actually at Survivor Series where people might have actually seen it.

My favorite part of the match was the producer clearly not being in on the Angel Garza ripping his pants off bit and awkwardly only shooting half the ring like he was going to have nothing on underneath them or something. 

Was pleasantly surprised to see the elimination match get the whole show. That was some good stuff. It was great seeing Garza be the last guy on his team. Loved Gulak murdering Oney with a chair. Have to say though it doe seem odd that they didn't use Burch for one of Oney's partners.

Its a shame if the show ends though even as nice as it is, it does feel like it needs a change to really be worth keeping around. They should try to sell it to Fox and move it to smaller buildings.

34 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Have to say though it doe seem odd that they didn't use Burch for one of Oney's partners.

Sure. But with all the narratives being served here, Swerve is the only guy on Oney’s team who could be spared. And Swerve continues to look like a star against Gulak, so I wouldn’t want to lose him.

• Like 1

It seems to me that they've already started phasing out 205 Live.  Ali, Murphy, Maverick, Cedric...guys who have "it" are being melded into the main roster. I think they're just going to merge it into all the shows, especially NXT, and the belt will still be a thing. , And it'll get rid of the worst show name ever in WWF/E. "205 Live"? The name stinks.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow

I can see a lot of the guys being folded over into NXT in time for it to go two hours. And in all honesty, they should just retire the cruiserweight title. Personally, I want it to stick around, but we all know that the main powers that be don't really give a shit about it and probably don't remember that it exists. Let guys like Gulak, Oney, Humberto, etc chase the NXT belts and actually be in a position to have people give a shit about their matches.