DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:14 AM, Hail Sabin said:

If you liked that NO DQ match watch Dar vs. Nese and watch the brutal showcase of a MOTYC. 

God, this match and the effort these guys put into FUCKING KILLING EACH OTHER does not get enough love. I never thought I would ever be as into a match between these two guys of all people but damn if they didn't deliver and then some.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Between the play he gets here and on NXT, they really seem to see something in Carrillo. 

I can sort of see it. He's the kind of handsome blank slate that they like to develop and flies pretty well, plus he's a Garza if they ever want to dig into his history. Or he and Garza Jr will become the Colons Mk II and disappear into the Phantom Zone.

Noticed the unintentional irony of "Suicidal Tendencies" being one of the band patches on Maria's jacket tonight and it made me sad for a minute or two. I wonder if she even realized it was there.

• 3 weeks later...

Man, what an episode. Gable, Gallagher, and Gulak are all quickly becoming some of my favorite wrestlers in the fed (and Lorcan but that would ruin the alliteration), probably because they get some time to breathe on 205 and when you have that much talent all you need is a little time to show it. We talk about NXT talent not wanting to be called up and that's still true for many of them but if Gargano or Cole or Strong need to go somewhere I hope it's to this show instead of Raw or SDL.

I did also like that various main roster wrestlers were hyping it up on Twitter as well.  Assuming it's a worthwhile matchup more of that would help (unless I'm just not paying attention which could be the case)  But with some new blood coming onto the show it's about time I get back into it.

9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

When did Gable join 205Live? Clearly I need to catch up.

This was the first time he was on there.

The match was awesome and as much as I'd like to see Gable succeed on a bigger stage I'm all for him getting a platform to show how good he is. Hopefully we get a Gable/Gulak match in the near future and find some way to incorporate Matt Riddle in the whole thing.

I don't think anyone will complain but Meltzer said the Gallagher/Gable finish was a botch as it wasn't supposed to end in the countout but the ref called it as a shoot (as they are normally instructed to do)

On 6/12/2019 at 12:41 PM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

If Vince doesn’t want to deal with Gable anymore either release him, or send him to NXT UK as the US flag waving heel of the promotion. 

I don't think Vince knows who Chad Gable is.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I don't think anyone will complain but Meltzer said the Gallagher/Gable finish was a botch as it wasn't supposed to end in the countout but the ref called it as a shoot (as they are normally instructed to do)

Amazing, a finish that keeps both guys looking strong and leaves me wanting more, so of course it's an accident.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I did get that vibe (Gallagher looked a little embarrassed); completely the right finish though - how awesome that someone didn't make the count for once.

Shawn Spears indicated that Vince knew who he was, so Vince probably does know who Gable is tbh.

Holy shit, what a great hour of wrestling. Gable vs Gallagher was AWESOME and whether or not the finish was intentional or not, it was the perfect way to get us a rematch which I need RIGHT NOW.

The four way was a hell of a match too with each guy getting some time to shine. I cosign on wanting to see Gulak vs Lorcan.

This show really is quietly becoming one of the best no bullshit shows WWE produces. Great matches, simple booking, and none of that nonsense you see on the main shows. Its a double edged sword, because with the effort these guys are putting into their matches, I want more people to see it. But if Vince suddenly starts paying attention to this show, he'll "Vince" it up and just ruin everything

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 3:41 AM, Phil4126 said:

Holy shit, what a great hour of wrestling. Gable vs Gallagher was AWESOME and whether or not the finish was intentional or not, it was the perfect way to get us a rematch which I need RIGHT NOW.

The four way was a hell of a match too with each guy getting some time to shine. I cosign on wanting to see Gulak vs Lorcan.

This show really is quietly becoming one of the best no bullshit shows WWE produces. Great matches, simple booking, and none of that nonsense you see on the main shows. Its a double edged sword, because with the effort these guys are putting into their matches, I want more people to see it. But if Vince suddenly starts paying attention to this show, he'll "Vince" it up and just ruin everything

see Enzo's run as CW champion

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Peck said:

Really enjoyed the new camera looks tonight. Anything different production-wise is a positive.

I loved it.  The show overall had a different look to it and it something I hope they keep doing going forward.  Also loved Oney/Daivari and am really coming around on Singh Brothers.  Their Bret Hart tribute gear last week was well-done.  I feel bad that I stopped watching and when regular TV shows kick back in in the fall there's no guarantee I'll be able to stick around.  But it sure is nice to see them still going at it and getting a reaction.