DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

WWE announced that Aiden English will be a guest commentator on 205Live through Mania

WWE.com has him billed at 215 lbs, so I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a precursor to a move to 205 roster for him.

I guess it’s the closest we’ll ever get to my dream of Gotch going to 205 and wrestling Gallagher, but on the other hand, I think he and Gulak would be money together.

Two match show, but two damn good matches.

Humberto Carrillo vs Gran Metalik started things off and it was a good lucha thing. I wasn't sure if Carrillo has a finsher but I guess he does. That was a beautiful move. Really good back and forth match that ends with both men showing each other respect. Sadly, as shown by the post match promo, Gulak and Gallagher do not approve of another high flyer being added to the division. I sense trouble in young Mr Carrillo's future.

The three way between Kalisto, Tozawa, and Itami was the main event. Yet another really good multi-man match on 205 Live. I thought Itami damn near kicked Kalisto's face off against the barricade. Buddy Murphy shows he's smarter than the average bear, interjecting himself into the match to try to get an advantage for Sunday until Tozawa and Kalisto team up to fend him off. Can Itami build on his momentum going into Royal Rumble?

Not to rag on Percy since he lost his spot on the show, but Aiden English was a breath of fresh air in the third seat. He added some very salient points and came across as quite knowledgeable.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 10:28 PM, Hail Sabin said:

Make sure to watch this week's 205 Live Dar and Nese ripe it up in a NO DQ match where they beat the Holy Fuck out of each other! So many brutal parts of the match with nasty thuds and people in the audience reacting in utter disbelief. 

It’s so weird to be that my 2 least favorites from the CWC have progressed so much, but here we are.

That was easily his best match in WWE and had a great story behind it. Plus you had Maria adding to the story as well with Nigel selling it on commentary. 

8 man Tournament to crown the #1 Contender to Face Buddy at WM was Drake's announcement 

Half the field is set next week with Kalisto vs. Nese and Kendrick vs. Gulak 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I dont think this will upset anyone but PWI is reporting that Noam Dar is moving back to Europe and will be a permanent member of NXT UK

It's probably the best option for him. I imagine he'll have a better chance to succeed in NXT:UK. I wonder when they'll add a secondary men's singles title. 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

FWIW, Dave is reporting that TJP was not released by request.  He was fired for disciplinary reasons. 

Make of that whatever you will. 

After looking up what @alstein said about him in the general thread (and via PM) I'm not surprised.  I knew about the tweet with the 16-year-old but the other stuff was an eye-opener.  While he is a good wrestler I sure won't miss him.  But he was at least trying to be gracious in his tweets since the release.  And from what I saw so far I'd be shocked if AEW picks him up.

What also didn't help him is that he was showing how much of a gamer he is yet he was far surpassed by Xavier who not only had that as part of him but also a highly successful channel to boot.  So if that was the one thing that people would care about him then he was screwed for the longest time.

I think either Carrillo or Cedric will lose in the matches by outside forces. Gulak/G Jack cheating or advice ringside backing firing could cost Carrillo. Mike Kanellis could screw Cedric to set up a grudge match on TV since we know he is not in the tournament and is mentally on the edge of breaking after the 3 count that wasn't.